Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Ace's POV

I walked down the long hallways to the king's office on the third floor. All I could think about is Arielle and her well being. I felt so guilty of not catching her. I felt even more guilty knowing she was already hurt but because of my mistake, she was hurt even more.

Guards bowed down at me as I pass them. I climbed up the flight of stairs until I was on the third floor. I walked past the big portraits of famous werewolves.

I reached the front of the king's office and was about to knock on it when the door opened to a young man.

"The king is expecting you. Please follow me, sir," he said and walked to another door and opened it for me to pass.

"Ah, Ace. What a pleasure to see you again!" The kings said in his fake cheery voice. He stood up from his brown leather seat and walks around the table.

"You too sir. You too," I replied back my lips forming into a tight line.

"So you must be wondering why I called you here," he said.

"Yes I am sir. It must be very important because you commanded me to leave my mate while she having her surgery," I said my voice coming out harsher than I expected.

I felt sudden anger and knew that I must calm down. I took a few deep breaths. My heartbeat slowing down.

"Well I am terribly sorry about that, I am but you need to know something's before your relationship goes too far and more specifically more deep than it already is."

The king's eyes a turned a darker as he said that. He leaned his body against the desk. His arms crossed.

"What do you mean?" I asked feeling my anger coming back, "What do you mean by getting too far and too deep?"

My body started to shake at the feeling of Arielle being ripped away from me.

"Witches!" the kings commanded. Just as he said that three witches come out. One female and one male stepped out of the dark, corner in the room.

"et cessabit minor," they all started to chant. I listened carefully to what they are saying and realize they were speaking in Latin.

My anger started to fade away and I realized that the witches are saying a calm spell. Once I feel completely calm the witches stop chanting.

"What was that for?" I asked with sudden hate.

"If we are going to be talking you need to be calm," he said sighing.

"Well speak!"

"I'm going to say this as nicely as I can. You can't be with your mate."

"What?!" I asked my fists in a tight hold.

"She is not your real mate, Ace!" The king argued. He pushed himself from the desk and stepped forward slightly, "She is part of the plan!" he said walking slowly around.

"How can you say this when she might be your long lost daughter."

"My daughter is dead Ace. You hear me dead. All the supernaturals have looked high and low for her. I am quite sure she is dead," he said with no emotion.

"Maybe they hid her and changed her scent or-" I tried to reason with him.

"That is enough!" he commanded, "I called you here to tell you that your mate is going to put in the cells underground after she is done with her surgery."

"No!" I commanded. The king stopped walking and looks at me his eyes turning darker. He stared into my eyes for a few seconds but slowly, against my will, I bowed my head down as a sign of resignation.

"That's what I thought," the king muttered.

"Listen Ace I might sound like the cruelest person here but I am saving you the trouble of going through heartbreak. The moment you find your real mate you will all about that girl! They wanted this to happen so that they could inside information. I'm saving you and this kingdom from danger. Once the witches have all the information they need they will kill. Just like they did to my wife." he muttered for the first time in his whole speech, emotion pouring out.

I stood there speechless, not knowing what to do or say. I looked over to the witches to see their heads bowed down.

"What will you do to her?" I asked my voice cracking at the end.

"Nothing too bad, until we have all the information to call her a traitor."

"Does Zavion know about this?" I asked wondering how the king got him to agree.

"No. But I will tell him when he recovers."

"What if she is not a traitor?"

"I know she is one," he said sounding confident with his decision.

"You haven't met her," I said trying to reason with him.

"I just know Ace leave it alone!" He commanded. His eyes turned black from anger.

"Yes, your majesty," I mumbled weakly back. Hating myself for how weak I sounded. The king flicked his hand towards the witches and before I knew it they are chanting another spell.

"ka anyị na-ekwu ihe a okwu anwansị Ace ga-eche na ya inwe mmetụta nke nwa agbọghọ ọzọ," they all chanted. I tried to see if I could understand any words but all I could understand was my name.

I felt a pull in my chest but ignored it. Slowly the pain increased and I started to worry.

"What are they doing?" I asked the king who just ignored me and kept staring at me as if waiting for something. I turned around and ran to the door to get out the door but I couldn't open the knob. I kept twisting it but nothing happens.

"This room is locked by a spell isn't it?" I asked with frustration. My fingers running through my hair like a comb. The king ignores me yet again.

Suddenly the pain tripled making me fall on the knees. I got flashbacks of all the times I spent with Arielle. Most of them in the hospital.

I realized what spell the witches are doing and try to fight it but I am too weak from all the running.

All the best moments with Arielle started flashing through my eyes. They hope on for a few minutes until the one I am dreading for comes. The time we kissed. I know from the teachings that the best memory comes last, and I know that was the best moment I had with Arielle.

I felt myself growing weak. My mind erasing all the emotions I had for Arielle. I closed my eyes and say the one thing I have wanted to say to her since the moment I kidnapped her.

"I love you Arielle."

********************

Hi everyone!!

So sorry for the long wait!!

What do you think of the king? Did you expect this to happen? What do you think is going to happen next?

Comment and let me know!!:)

Vote goal: 10

Thanks for all the reads!!!

5K!!
Not edited!! If any mistakes please point them out!

TTBMBFF