Chapter 31

Chapter 31

"What is the plan for today," I asked, breaking the chilling silence. I munched on my piece of bread, waiting for somebody to answer. Finally, Romulus spoke up.

"What do you want to do?"

"What do you mean what do I want to do?" I asked confused. I brought the hot cup of hot chocolate to my lips. I took a small sip so that I did not burn my tongue too much.

"Do you want to look around the fortress?"

"Sure but I wanted to speak to Zavion first," I said looking him. Everybody at the table stopped what they were doing. They all turned their heads towards me. I watched as opened his mouth to say something but closed it quickly.

"Zavion is not in the best mood right now," the older man said softly. I turned my head towards him, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean? Surely he is over it by now."

"Zavion has a bad temper," Ace said. I turned my head towards Ace. As our eyes met  I remembered the words he said to me last night.

'I will protect you with my life, Arielle. No matter what the result is.'

"He does?" I asked surprised.

"You sound shocked," the older man said, tilting his head to the side.

"Zavion he has always been so nice to me. He saved me from those people and he tried to save me down in the cell," I trailed off as we all remember yesterday.

"How about we go and see Zavion at the end of the day? I can show you around the fortress and answer some questions of your," Ace said.

"That sounds like a great idea!" Romulus said pushing on the table so that he could get up. "How about we all meet up for dinner?"

"Sounds like a great idea," the older man said getting up from his chair as well.

"Where are you going?" I asked looking at both of them.

"We both just need to finish off some business that we could finish yesterday. We will see you both at dinner. Bye!" Romulus said waving his hand slightly.

"Bye!" I said waving back. I watched as both of them left the room. After I left the room the room becomes silent. Neither Ace nor I said a single word. All I could hear was the sound of our breathing.

"Come on," Ace said finally breaking the silence.

"What about these plates and bowls," I said looking around the table.

"Do not worry about it. Come on," Ace said standing up and walking towards my chair. I stared at him in confusion.

When Ace was directly in front of me he put his hand on top of mine. He wrapped his hand around mine tightly and gently pulled me up. As I stood up I realized how close Ace was. Our chests touched each others. Our breaths can be felt on each other's face. My hand rested on top Ace's chest. I felt the thumping sound of his heart. I felt a rough hand pick my chin. I turned my head to see Ace's face almost touching mine.

"I want to try something," Ace murmured.

Before I could ask what he was talking about, I felt a pair of lips latch onto mine. I felt Ace's rough lips against my soft ones. I raised my hand and grab a fistful of Ace's hair. I felt Ace's tongue on my lips, I slowly opened my mouth and feel a new set of emotions grow. I tugged on Ace's hair as Ace pulled me closer to him. Both of us tightly pressed against each other.

As I pulled away from the kiss I gasped for the air that I had lost. My chest heaved up and down like hills. I lifted my head to Ace who was staring at me.

"What?" I asked, a smile appearing on my face.

"You are amazing you know that?" Ace said to me. The corners of his lips were lifted upwards in a small smile. I felt my heart beat faster as I took in what he had said.

"What do you mean?"

"It is amazing how you have handled all of this. It is amazing how you still are giving me chance after everything I have done to you. It is amazing how you can make me feel like I have known you my whole life. It is amazing how you kiss. It is amazing how can look so beautiful every single day," Ace said running a hand down my right cheek.

"You are so sweet," I whispered to him. My lips touched his slightly but I pulled away immediately. "So where are we going first?"

"What do you mean?" Ace asked me, with a confused look on his face.

"The tour of the fortress?"

"Right, this way," Ace said taking a step back, leaving the embrace that we both were in. As we walked I felt Ace put his hand on my back, which made the smile on my face widen.

***

"Does each part of the fortress have a certain feature?" I asked looking around at all the different types of weapons neatly stacked on the walls. 

"Yes," Ace replied in a surprised tone, "How did you know?"

"I just did." I shrugged my shoulders not knowing how to elaborate on how I knew.

"How many parts are there?"

"There are eleven parts. Come on, I have one more room to show you," Ace said pulling on my arm.

"Where are we going?"

"It is a surprise."

"How far is this surprise?" I asked quoting the words surprise. What was this surprise? DID it have something that answers my questions? Was it something personal? What could it be? My mind puzzled over what the surprise can be.

"Not much further."

"How do you know I will like it?"

"I just do," Ace says pulling me into another hallway.

"My feet are hurting from all the walking," I complained.

"That is no problem," Ace said stopping for a second. Before I could get the chance to ask what he was asking about Ace picked me up bridal style.

"What are you doing?"

"Carrying you," Ace said in an obvious tone.

"I mean why are you doing this?"

"Because I care for you," he said softly, "We are here." he opened the door and I gasped in shock. The whole room was painted gold and the king size has silver colour sheets that blended into the room. Everything in this room from the bedside lamps to the pencil on the table was exactly where they were supposed to be.

"Whose room is this?" I asked slipping out of Ace's arms and walking inside.

"It is mine," I heard him whisper beside my ear.

 *________________________*

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for 11000 reads!!

What did you think of this chapter?

What did you think of the kiss?

What do you think the new Ace? 

Should I make a sequel to this book?

What song goes with this chapter?

Comment to tell me what you think!

Vote Goal - 10

Check out my other book Room(mate)!

Vote 

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF