Chapter 18

3.3K reads!!! Thank you so much for all the reads and votes guys!!!

Hope you enjoy this chapter!!

Chapter 18

Love is not who you see yourself with. It is who can't see yourself without.

"What?" I whispered my voice filled with shock.

"I know it's all hard to take in but-"

"I'm your mate," I said as if I hadn't just interrupted him.

"Yes," he said cautiously as if waiting for me to suddenly scream my life out.

Different emotions ran down my body. There is this part of me that just wants to jump in joy while there is another part of me that is scared about him being my mate.

"How is that possible? I mean can you even have a human mate?"

"No, you can't have a human mate and it might be because you are the prince's sister meaning you have royal blood somewhere."

"Royal blood? What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you have werewolf blood in your system somewhere," Ace explained.

"So does that mean I am going to go all fury and turn into a wolf? If I do will I kill innocent people won't I?" I asked with my eyes wide and fear quickly spread through my body.

"What? No! I mean you might turn into a werewolf but even if you do you won't become a monster Arielle. I won't let you." Ace said with a look of determination that made all of my fears that I had to disappear away. "I know I have been a jerk but I want to make it up to you. I want to show you that I actually care about no matter what your opinion is of me. I know I messed up when I send you to those damn witches but I'm going to make it up to you,"

I just sat on my bed with mouth wide open in shock and my eyes wide. It was like I couldn't believe what Ace just said. He didn't look like the guy to give such sweet speeches. Something inside of me was happy that he didn't just give up after being a total jerk to me.

"Keep your mouth closed princess, we don't want flies entering it," he said with his well-known smirk appearing on his face.

"Oh look who is talking jerk face. I never thought that a guy like you would ever say such a sweet and loving speech in your life."

"Jerk face?" Ace questioned me with an eyebrow raised.

"What I am just repeating what you said in your love speech," I said with an innocent face.

"Love speech?" Ace asked me again with the same eyebrow raised.

"Yep isn't that what I said."

"Stop that!" he suddenly said to me.

"Stop what?" I asked biting my lip even more and letting more hair cover my already covered face.

"Biting your lip and covering your face with your hair. You are beautiful," he says to me making me again stare at him with him my eyes wide and my mouth hanging open. He slowly walks over to where I was sitting on the bed and gently takes all the hair from my face and behind my ear making sparks fly all over. He then places his fingers on my bottom lip and gently pulls at it so that I wasn't biting it anymore. As he does this I feel like I was getting electrocuted but in a good way.

"Do you feel that?" he asks me, his voice low and husky making involuntary goosebumps come all over my body.

"You mean the sparks?" I asked.

"Yes, it makes me feel so- so happy knowing that you are safe. Your touch calms my wolf and I down. I am so glad I found you," he said with love in his voice. He leaned his head forward so that our heads were touching each other.

"Since when did you become a love guru?" I whisper to him warmth spreading through my body.

"Since the day I met you," he said this and cups my chin and turns it in a way that means he was going to kiss. Before I could even think about what was going to happen he crashed his lips onto mine making the sparks jump around like never before. Everything I was worried about slowly faded away as my body quickly responded to the kiss by letting my mouth open when Ace bit on my lip gently. I never thought my first kiss would be in a hospital and especially with a hybrid.

After a while, Ace pulled away so that I could breathe in fresh air. I looked over at him to see him staring at me with a look I could not recognize. He leaned his head back to the way it was, his head touching my head.

"That was-" Ace started to say but got interrupted by me.

"Amazing," I finished off with a smile growing on my face.