Bonus Chapter

Bonus Chapter

Ace's POV

I pushed myself to keep on running even though I could feel my throat becoming restricted due to lack of water and my legs gave me shoot of pain. Sweat poured down my body as I kept pushing myself harder and harder.

I had been running around the whole territory of the Forte more than forty times. A normal werewolf could only do twenty-five laps around the fort, but because of the excessive training from since I was a small child, I was faster and stronger than them.

A small smile crept onto my face when I saw the Forte not too far away. For the first two laps, I had been doing security check-ups and making sure everybody was doing their job properly. Ever since Tyson was born I had neglected quite a few of my duties like exercising to look after him but slowly as he was getting older I was getting back to all my jobs.

"Is this your last lap or are you going to keep on running until you cannot move anymore?" Arielle asked, running beside me coolly. I turned my head to look at her, her hair was in a ponytail and she too had sweat on her face but not as much as me.

"This is my last lap. Why did you miss me already?" I asked smirking.

"Maybe." I chuckled at Arielle's response.

"What have you been doing all day?" I raised an eyebrow at her since this is the first time I had seen her in exercise clothes since Tyson was born.

"I was exercising. How has your day been going?"

This is something I loved about Arielle; she always wanted to know how somebody's life was going. If it wasn't going well she would try to figure out a way so that the person was happy. I didn't know what happened but Arielle changed quite a bit after her father's death because not only did she turn into a hybrid but by then she became more responsible and was more involved with the people in the fort.

I loved seeing her smile at all the people when we stand at the stage, sometimes she even waves back to the small kids. I knew at first it had been hard for to take everything in, meeting all the people, helping them around the fort, sometimes she didn't enjoy it but soon she started to get used to it.

"It was a great day. I got meet all the guards and talk to them. They are all doing a great job. They all take their job seriously even though there were some of them I was not too happy with but I had a word with them so I don't think they will be making the same mistake twice."

"What did you say to them Ace?" Arielle asked with a horrified expression.

"That is only for me to know," I said, giving her wink.

"I feel sorry for those boys; they must have been really scared. I hope you didn't threaten them."

"Arielle, I would never threaten anyone that is loyal to me. If they are as loyal to me as I am to them then there is no need to threaten, it was just a statement from me telling them what they were doing wrong that's all."

"Good because I couldn't imagine you threatening them," Arielle said giving me a small smile.

I let out a loud sigh and stop running when I reached the entrance to the Forte. I looked up to see the sky was almost the same colour as when I left the Forte early in the morning. I breathed in deeply, trying to calm my wild heart that was beating rapidly.

"Are you coming inside or are you going to stare at the sun until it will have fully set?" Arielle asked suddenly, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"I am coming." I shook my head trying to get rid of the thoughts that were pouring in my head like a river.