Chapter 30

Chapter 30

The older man did not say anything. He just stares at Ace. His expression was emotionless. My mind was blowing with questions. What did Ace mean by 'You lied to me about Arielle being my mate'? What did the older man do to him? Was this some kind of sick joke?

The older man cleared his throat. He ran his hand over his chin. "What are you talking about Ace?"

"You know what I am talking about!" Ace shouted angrily. His bloodshot red eyes slowly turned darker until they were finally black. "Why did you do it? Why?"

"Calm down Ace. We do not want to turn this small thing into such a big deal," the older man said calmly. How can he be so calm all the time?

"Stop avoiding the question!" Ace said clenching his fists tightly.

"Ace calm down before you do something you will regret."

"Do not tell me to calm down," Ace says slowly. He takes a step towards the older man, trying to intimate him but the older man does not let Ace intimate him. The older man stood still, his hands behind his back.

"Calm down Ace before you hurt your mate," the older man replied. I looked over at Ace to see him still staring at me. Ace took in a deep breath. His forehead was slightly creased as if he was in pain. He unclenched his tight fist. His hands white from the lack of blood flow.  Silence filled the place as Ace tried to calm himself down. After a few minutes Ace takes a deep breath and as he lets it out, his eyes turned from black to the red eyes I am so used to.

"I have calmed down. Now tell me," Ace said.

"Let us sit down. This is a long story," the older man said waving to the couches that are on the left side of the room.

"Fine," Ace says and walks to the couches. The rest of us follow him. I turn my head to Romulus; his lips are in a straight line. Not a single word had been said by him since Ace's accusation. As I sit down next to Ace on the couch I see him staring at me.

"What?" I asked with confusion.

"Nothing," Ace replied back softly. I heard a throat being cleared. I turned my head to see the older man staring at the both of us.

"Why did you do it?"

"When I heard that you had found a mate I was overjoyed. I truly was Ace, but when I heard that your mate had been living with those witches, my overjoyed feeling turned in to hatred. You and I both know that I do not like many witches, especially those who killed my wife," the older man spat out in hatred, "I knew that you would not leave Ariel, so I-"

"My name is Arielle, not Ariel," I interrupted. Everybody turned their heads to look at me. A small blush crept onto my face.

"Sorry," the older man muttered, "As I was saying I knew you would not leave Arielle so I took it upon myself to make you leave her. I thought she was a trick, but I guess I was wrong. I called you to my office and three witches put a spell on you, making you ignore the mating bond. I am sorry Ace I truly am. I was just trying to help you.

"Next time stay out of my business," Ace said harshly.

"I think this enough for today. We are all tired and are saying stupid things. Let us all have a rest and we will sort out all our issues tomorrow," Romulus said standing up, "I am showing Arielle to her room unless you want to Ace?"

"I do actually. Come one," Ace said tugging on my arm. I stood up and follow him. As we reached the door Zavion left through I felt a small drop of sadness in my stomach. I shook my head to clear the thoughts that have intruded in my head. Ace picked up the napkin and covered the doorknob with it. He opened the door and waited for me to go.

"I am sorry," Ace said walking alongside me.

"For what?" I asked just as a yawn passes through my lips.

"For telling you that you are not my mate."

"It is fine. I mean you could not fight the spell could you?" I asked looking over at him just as another yawn passed my lips.

"I couldn't fight it, I mean how could when I did not know that there was a spell on me?" Ace asked shrugging his shoulders slightly.

"How did you find out then?" I asked in confusion, my eyebrows scrunched together.

"The spell that was put on you, made the spell on me to go away. The spell on you was to make the truth come out," Ace explained.

"Oh," I said just as my third yawn passed through my lips.

"You are tired. Come on let's get you to your room," Ace said pulling me by my arm.

"Are all the hallways covered with mirrors?" I looked around the hallway that is shining slightly from the light that is falling on the mirror.

"Not every hallway but most of them," Ace said looking down at me. I stared into his bloodshot red eyes. My eyes flashbacked to the day I first met him.

 I watched myself scared and trying to run away. Every single time I had been with Ace was being shown right in front of my eyes, from the cottage to him saving me from the wolves, and taking me to the hospital where I had my first kiss. The moment Ace or I left the room the next clip comes on. I watched as Ace becomes from the bad guy to the sweet guy. I watched as my feelings for Ace increased.

I watched the last clip of Ace and I walking down the hallway. I took a deep breath in and when I let it out I was back to staring at the red eyes I was so used to. Both of us didn't move for a few seconds. The silence stretched itself until I speak up.

"What was that?"

"That was the first bond," Ace said breaking the stare by blinking rapidly, "Come on let's get you to bed we will talk about this tomorrow."

"Okay," I say too tired to argue.

*__________________________________*

Hi everyone!!

What did you think of this chapter? What did you think of the flashback? Do you like the older man?

I would love to know what you think, especially all the silent readers!!

Thank you so much for all the 347 votes and 10,929 reads!!

What song will go with this chapter?

Dedication to lovetolive988 for being a great editor!

Check out my other book Room(mate)!!!

Not edited!!

Vote Goal – 10

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF