Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"What do I do? What do I say? " I asked looking at Ace.

"Talk to him like you normally do," Ace said.

"Ace the last time I saw Zavion, he was angry at something I don't know about. This also reminds me that you have not told me what the result was of me drinking the liquid." Ace did not reply back to me, he just stared at me with red eyes.

The hair on the back of my neck stood up from his penetrating stare. How could he make me feel this way? Was this what mates are supposed to feel? How could he staring at me, make me feel so giddy?

The air suddenly turned from being playful to intense. Ace stepped away from the wall he was leaning on. He slowly walked towards me. I slowly back away, not knowing what he is doing. I keep on backing away until I hit the wall I watched as Ace followed me until he was right in front of me.

He stopped and stared at me for a few more seconds. Our chests were almost touching each others. He put his left arm on the side of my head. He gradually leaned forward until our lips are a few millimeters apart.

"Only time will tell." My heart beat faster from the close approximately. I smiled internally at this position. Somehow I felt normal. I felt as if normal couples do this.

I tilted my head to the side to kiss him. Our lips slowly touch each others. I felt a wave of emotions run through my body. I felt Ace put his hand on my hip, just as I was about to put my hand into his hair somebody cleared their throat.

Immediately Ace pulled away, a blush crept its way into my pale cheeks. Never in my life, I had thought I would be caught by someone in this position. Then again I never thought supernatural creatures exist, but they did.

I peaked my head from Ace's back. I stared at the older man who is staring at the both of us, no emotion on his face. I suddenly felt very self-conscious about myself. I tried to straighten out my dress that was slightly crumbled from the kiss.

I took a step away from the wall, feeling freer now that I was no longer trapped against it. Both Ace and I waited for the older man to say something.

"I thought I would tell you that Zavion would like to see you," the older man said and without another word walked away from us. I stared at him walk away until I could no longer see him. Again I questioned his attitude. Was he always like this? Why did he walk away so quickly? Is it because of me?

"Why does he not like me?" I asked Ace, who was walking the same way the older man had just gone through. I think hard about all the reasons for his hatred but I ended up with nothing. Could he dislike me because of who I am? A human?

"I know you won't believe me but he likes you. He just has a hard time to show emotion after everything he has gone through."

"What has he gone through?" I asked in a concerned voice. What could he have gone through that hurt him so bad that he cannot show emotion? Did he lose someone he loved? His wife?

"I am sorry but I cannot tell you," Ace said putting his hands behind his back.

"How far is Zavion's room?"

"Not far, why?" Ace turned sharply towards me.

"Just asking," I asked fiddling with my fingers, suddenly very nervous.

"You are going to be fine, trust me." Ace stopped walking and put his left hand on my right shoulder. He squeezed it gently and removed it.

"You are right." I took a couple of deep breaths to calm myself.