Epilogue

Epilogue

Four years have passed since the fight and me turning into a hybrid. Turning into a hybrid not only increased the power of my senses but it also made me realise that I had a family.

My family not only included people that had the same blood as me, but all the people that lived in the fort.

Everybody protected each other in the fortress; everybody would give up their lives to protect another person from the fort.

For the twenty-two years I had lived, I have made lots of enemies but I had also made long lasting friendships and have learned the true meaning of family.

Esme and I were still best friends even though we didn't see each other every single day. After the fight, both Esme and I realised that we had to carry on with our lives, but that didn't mean we still couldn't be friends.

It took us time to catch up on what we both had done for the past year. Esme now being the second guard of the werewolves meant she was always busy and traveled a lot.

A smile came onto my face looking at all the grinning and laughing faces in front of me. Everybody in the Fort felt safe again, thanks to my brothers and Ace.

All the pain I had to go through to become a hybrid made me realise that pain always comes before happiness. Finally, I did find happiness with Ace and my now one-year-old son, Tyson.

Four years ago I would have laughed at the idea of flying cars but now I had come to terms that everything was possible, no matter how unreal it sounds.

"Arielle?" I snapped out of my daydream and turned towards my husband's voice.

"Where is Tyson?" I asked with concern. Ace walked over to me and grabbed me by the waist, pulling me hard against his chest.

"Grayson took him to the hall so that everybody could see him." He played with the loose strands of my hair that was in a bun.

"Shouldn't we be with Tyson?" I asked worriedly.

For the past few weeks, I had been busy planning Tyson's one-year birthday party. It was a very stressful job when the most important of the supernatural people in the world were invited on the same day.

I didn't know how things are going to turn out. Ace had offered to hire birthday planners to plan the whole event out but I wanted to do this myself. I now wish I had complied with Ace. A few weeks ago all I wanted to do was to organise Tyson's birthday but now all I wanted to rest.

"We must go but we can go after a few minutes." This time Ace's voice came out husky and gave me unwanted shiver through my body, but it was in a good way.

"What do you have planned?" I stared at Ace's mischievous face, curious to find out what he was hiding.

"It is a surprise, come on. Don't worry about the party, I have it all sorted out." He added when he saw the worried look back onto my face.

Ace's surprise was a bunch of kisses and a picture frame of the size of the wall, with pictures of our whole relationship. I stared at pictures in wonder and I couldn't help but let out a smile.

I walked alongside the picture frame that started from one end of the room to the other. The picture frame is red and black, my two favourite colours.

From when Ace kidnapped me and took me to the middle of the forest to the day my son, Tyson was born.

"You took a picture of me while I was sleeping?" I asked in horror.

"Yes, at that time. The picture was the only thing of you I had when you were gone for the ten months, living with those witches." Ace's voice came out hard by the end of the sentence. I leaned forward and pecked his lips, telling him to calm down and forget about it, because I had.