Chapter 42

Chapter 42

I froze where I am standing, frozen like a statue. My heart beats increased looking at Ace on the floor. I didn't know what to do. I did not know what is happening to him. Blood soaked his black shirt and pooled the floor around him.

I felt my heart tug at the horrible sight of him. Tears formed in my eyes; I bit my lip trying to stop them from falling down. I slowly walked towards him; my steps are heavy because of all the emotions that I was feeling at the same time.

When I reached him as a sob left my body, my lip trembling slightly. Quickly I wiped away the tears that are now flowing like a river. I looked around his body to see a big hole on the right side of the chest, just beside where his heart was.

My hands shook as I reached out to touch Ace. When I touched him I felt nothing. This was the first time I had ever seen Ace look so helpless. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I reached out with my other hand and touched his arm but it just went right through.

I tried to touch his head, but again my hand goes right through. I looked around trying to find the culprit to who did this to Ace, but no one was around. The whole passageway was empty. I did not know what was going on.

I turned my head, thinking that the Forte brothers are going to come any moment but they don't. I looked down at Ace's body, confused to why I couldn't touch him. I suddenly realised that something is very wrong.

Several questions swarmed my mind like if there is a war going on here, then why is it so quiet and why can I not touch Ace?

"Ace?" I asked, shaking his body. I did not get an answer. Panic tose in me when I looked down at his chest to see it is not moving. I sighed loudly and look around one more time before I closed my eyes.

"Zmrazit mmadụ nile ka a akpụrụ akpụ," I said. The flashback I had seconds ago quickly slipped out of my mind. My happy mood slowly dampened into a scared and irritated one. I averted my eyes to see that I could not find Ace. the words of the spell that Ace said to me earlier. I keep repeating them for a few seconds. Suddenly I felt a breeze hit my face. I snapped open my eyes in shock, while still saying the spell.

I was shocked to see that I am back to the golden room. I looked around me to see the Forte brothers looking at me with a ruthful look. My eyes went wide in surprise and I took a couple of steps backward, scared from the look on their faces.

"Stop it!" the Forte brother who had been holding a knife at me said. I stopped walking but did not stop saying the spell.

"I said stop saying the spell!" This time his voice is stern and gives me an unwanted chill through my body.

I watched the Forte brother carefully, ready for them to attack me at any moment. The second Forte brother walked towards me slowly, his eyes were on me the whole time. I tilted my head slightly to the side, trying to see how far the passage was from where I was standing.

Without another glance at the Forte brothers, I ran towards the passage. All the three Forte brothers called out my name. I pushed my legs to faster when I heard the sound of their footsteps following close behind me.

I squinted my eyes, trying to see in the dark passage. My chest heaved up and down as I tried to grasp my breath from not only running but also saying the spell at the same time. Something inside of me was telling me that I was doing the right thing by saying the spell while I was running.

 It was as if the spell was affecting the Forte brothers, but that was the complete opposite to what Ace had said about them not being affected by the spell. There was something else, someone else working with the Forte brothers because if they weren't working with someone else they wouldn't be bothered by the spell.

I saw a light coming in from the other side of the passage and know that I was very close to the end. I turned my head around to see the Forte brothers hot on my tail. I pushed through the closet of clothes and gasp loudly as I inhaled fresh air. I heard the sounds of loud voices and footsteps coming from Ace's room and run towards it.

During this whole time, I kept saying the spell, hoping that the spell I was saying will make the Forte brothers slower. The moment I reached Ace's bedroom I was met with a bunch of people- most of them frozen from the spell I am saying. I looked around to see both my brothers and father standing at a corner and talking harshly towards each other. They all turned their heads towards me, when they see me coming.

"Thank god you are alright! We were so worried about you," Zavion said grabbing me by the shoulders and assessing me up and down. "Are you hurt?"

"I am fine, really," I said, pulling him in for a hug. Zavion wrapped his warm hands around my cold ones. I noticed that the temperature in the golden room was colder than the temperature in Ace's room.

"Not for long." I turned my head to see all the three Forte brothers standing there. All of them had crossed their arms over their chest and their legs were separated in a way making them look ready for an attack.

"What do you want?" my father asked walking around me to stand protectively in front of me. From the corner of my eye, I noticed Romulus doing the same for Zavion. Something inside of me was reassured at the sight of my family protecting each other. 

"Why don't you ask your daughter? We told her everything. Didn't we Ariel?" the first Forte brother asked me, cocking an eyebrow.

"You are alright," Ace said walking over to stand beside me. I gave him a small smile and nod towards the Forte brothers who were staring at us curiously.

"Why don't you do the honours Ariel?" the second Forte brother asked me tilting his head to the side, waiting for me reply, but I didn't.

"Well if you are not going to tell them at least let me tell them," the first Forte brother said. "We want your whole family dead. They are the reason witches cannot rule the world. They are the reason we are being ruled by weaklings."

"If we don't rule there will be war and you know it," my father argued.

"There will be no war of people are too afraid of their leaders. They will slowly accept that it was fate and begin to like because of our strong and powerful way of ruling."

"You call this ruling. All you do is give orders. Ruling is to care for the people that you are ruling. Ruling is to make sure everybody has a home and has enough food to eat. Ruling is to make sure everybody is happy and safe. That is what ruling is, not giving orders to kill a person that made a small mistake. That is not ruling, that is making the people that you are ruling feeling threatened and insecure."

I stared at my father in amazement. I had never heard my father give out such a beautiful speech before. Now I realised that even though his job cost him his life and almost me, he still loves it. He still cared for the people that he was ruling even though his heart was breaking every single second.

"That is it! We all want to finish this war don't we? Let's do this then. Lets fight."

*___________________*

Hi everyone!

What did you think of this chapter?

What do you think about the Forte brothers?

Would you like Bonus Chapters after the epilogue? Which POV would you like for the Bonus Chapter to be in?

Thank you so much for 24,373 reads and 754 votes!

Vote Goal – 10

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

TTBMBFF