Chapter Eight

*Justin's POV*

I pulled my car into my childhood home's driveway. I haven't been here in forever.

I glanced over at Ava. She looked nervous.

"I thought you said you weren't nervous." I teased her.

"Alright I am." She sighed. I put the car in park and shut it off.

"You'll be fine. They'll love you. I promise." I smiled. I then heard the front door of the house open. Everyone came out of the house to greet us.

"You ready for this?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She nodded. We both got out of the car and my family all smiled at me.

"Justin!" My mom smiled. I walked over to her and kissed her on the cheek as usual and then we hugged.

"Hey mom." I smiled. After I hugged everyone I came to my dad.

"Hey Dad." I smiled.

"Hey Justin." He smiled. We then hugged. We both held onto eachother for a long time.

"It's been to long." Dad Said.

"Yeah it has." I said. We then stopped hugging and now I had introduce Ava to everyone.

"Everyone this is my good friend Ava." I smiled.

"Hi everyone." She smiled.

"Hey." They all smiled. After I told her who was who, everyone walked into the house but Dad asked me to stay back.

"What's up Dad?" I asked him.

"So that's Ava?" He asked.

"Yeah that's her." I smiled.

"She seems very nice." He Said.

"She's amazing." I smiled.

"Take it slow Justin. If you move to fast it might not work out in the end." Dad warned me.

"Don't worry Dad. We're taking it slow." I said.

"Alright. Let's get in there before your mother comes and hunts us down." He laughed. He turned to go inside the house but I told him to wait.

"Yeah,son?" He asked.

"I know all my life we haven't really been close but I want you to know you've always been a good Dad to me. And now that I'm older I want to try to see you more often." I said.

"I'd like that." He smiled. He walked over to me and hugged me tightly.

"Welcome home son." He smiled.

"It's good to be home." I smiled.

*Ava's POV*

Justin's family is so nice! I'm talking to his mom and step mom right now.

"You are just so pretty!" Lisa, Justin's step mom smiled.

"Thank you so much!" I smiled. I heard the door open and I turned and saw Justin and his father Randall walk in. Justin smiled and sat down next to me.

"Please tell me you two are being nice." He said as he sat down.

"Justin you know we would be nice to her!" Lynn,Justin's mom Said.

"Ava are they being nice?" He asked me.

"Yes Justin they are being nice." I smiled.

"Good." He smiled.

"Everyone lunch is ready!" Sadie, Justin's Grandma Said. Everyone cheered and went into the kitchen to get food. Justin and I stood next to his step brother Stephen.