Chapter Fifty Six

*Justin's POV*

Paul is being wheeled off to surgery. Is it bad that I felt like I had to say goodbye? I'm trying to stay positive for everyone, but it's just not working. We all sat in the waiting room silently. The surgery will be five hours.

I looked up at Jimmy, "Where's Winnie?" I asked him. He looked up at me.

"With my parents." He answered.

"You care if I go get her and bring her up here? I think we all could use something to distract us." I said.

"Go ahead." He nodded. I nodded and told everyone goodbye.

"You coming?" I asked Ava. She shook her head.

"I think I'll stay here." She said. I nodded and kissed her softly on the lips.

"Love you." I said quietly.

"Love you too." She quietly said back. I left the hospital and got Winnie.

"Uncle J!" She cheered when she saw me.

"Hey!" I smiled. She hugged me. I said goodbye to Jimmy's parents and took her back to the hospital.

When we walked in the waiting room, it was like I never left. They all sat there silently, lost in their own thoughts.

"Hi everyone!" Winnie smiled as she ran up to everyone. They all smiled at her. She went over to her parents and hugged them. Then she went over to my mom.

"Hi Aunt Lynn." She smiled.

"Hi Winnie." Mom said, giving her a small smile.

"You look sad." Winnie frowned.

"Winnie-" Jimmy began,but I shook my head.  He nodded and we all watched Winnie and my mom.

"That's because I am."Mom said.

"Why?" Winnie asked her.

"Because Uncle Paul is very sick." She told her.

"Is he going to be okay?" Winnie asked quietly.

"I don't know sweetheart,but I sure hope he will be." Mom answered.  Winnie gave my mom a hug.

"He'll be okay." Winnie said. They stopped hugging, mom kissed her cheek and smiled at her.

"Come here Munchkin." I said to Winnie. She smiled and sat on my lap. O hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"You're the best, you know that right?" I told her.

"Yeah." She smiled. I chuckled and kissed her on the cheek again.

"That's why you're my number two girl." I smiled. Winnie gasped and looked at me.

"I thought I was your number one girl?" She asked me.

"Well Aunt Ava is my number one girl. She's my wife and I love her a lot." I said.

"Can't you have two number one girls?" She asked me.

"Sure Winnie." I smiled. I wrapped my arms around Ava and Winnie. "My girls." I smiled. They both kissed my cheeks.

"Yes! I got a picture!" Nancy smiled. Everyone laughed,including mom. It's good to see her smile again, not just a fake smile,but a real one.

"Send it to me Nancy." Ava smiled.

"Okay." Nancy smiled.

For the next five hours we all talked, made jokes and laughed a lot. We all stopped though when Doctor Haney walked into the room. The room was silent as we waited for the doctor to tell us the news. I'm trying to prepare myself for bad news, but maybe it all turned out good.

"Hello everyone." Doctor Haney said. We all sat there silently, except for Winnie who is still sitting in my lap.

"Hi!" She smiled. Doctor Haney smiled at her.

"How did the surgery go?" I asked him.

"Paul went through the surgery very well." He smiled. Relief came over us all. "He should make a full recovery. Luckily the heart attack and stock weren't as bad as we thought. With months of rehab, he should be fine." He finished. Mom got up and hugged Doctor Haney tightly.

"Thank you so much." She said, tears forming in her eyes.

"It's my job." He smiled. He then left the waiting room. I hugged mom tightly.

"I told you everything would be okay." I smiled. I kissed her cheek as we hugged.

"You were right." She smiled. Everyone was hugging. We all are just so happy Paul is going to be okay.

A couple hours later we are allowed to see Paul. Now that he is off the ventilator he can talk to us. Mom went first, then when she came back I went to see him.

"Justin." He smiled.

"Paul." I smiled. I practically ran over to his bedside and hugged him tightly. I began to cry, I didn't care anymore if somebody saw me. I'm j is  happy he's okay.

"It's alright I'm okay." He smiled with tears in his eyes.

"Don't do all of this to me again.Okay?" I chucked.

"I won't." He laughed. "You been keeping everyone in check since I've been here?" He asked me.

"Yes sir." I smiled.

"Good." He nodded.

"You have no idea how scared we all were." I sighed.

"I'm just glad I'm going to be okay." He smiled.

"Me too." I smiled.

Everyone visited with Paul. Soon it was late at night. Mom is going to stay the night at the hospital with Paul.

I drove Ava and I to our apartment so we could get some sleep.

"I'm so happy Paul is okay." Ava smiled as we walked into the apartment.

"I know right, me too." I smiled.

"So you remember last night?" She grinned at me.

"Yeah." I grinned. I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her close.

"You wanna recreate all of last night and make it even more amazing?" She grinned. I grinned and kissed her passionately. She pulled away and grinned at me. "I take that as a yes." She grinned.

"Damn right that's a yes." I grinned.  She laughed and I carried her to our bedroom.

Everything is finally going good for us.

Hey peasants! Everything is okay! Yay! Paul is okay! Maybe Justin and Ava will have a baby! Anything can happen ;)

Don't forget to comment and vote my peasants <33