Chapter Forty

*Ava's POV*

"Good luck at your meeting." Justin smiled at me. I smiled and gave him a quick kiss.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Bye I love you." He smiled.

"Bye. Love you too." I smiled. I walked out of the door and Justin's Manhattan apartment and downstairs to the doors outside. Jamie is picking me up so we can together.

I spotted Jamie's car and walked over to the car and got in.

"Hey Ava." He smiled.

"Hey Jamie." I smiled. I put on my seat belt and he drove off. I looked at what he was wearing. He was wearing a black business suit with a red tie.

"You clean up nice." I laughed.

"So do you." He laughed. I'm wearing a black pencil skirt,a white blouse and a pair of black pumps.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Are you nervous for this meeting?" He asked me.

"A little. I haven't seen them all since the day before Justin's concert. How about you?" I said.

"I'm really nervous. This is my first time meeting them all." He said.

"Jamie you'll be fine. Since you're my step dad they'll be nice." I said.

"They better be nice or I'll kill them." Jamie laughed.

"Hey,less people on the payroll!" I laughed. He chuckled and we high fived. We then arrived at my law firm. He parked the car and we walked inside. The receptionist Carrie smiled when I walked in and we walked to the conference room. Everyone was already there.

"Hello everyone." I said as I walked to the head of the table. Jamie walked over to the chair next to mine and he sat down.

"Everyone this is Jamie Scott. He will be running the new LA firm." I said. They all nodded and Jamie smiled at them all, but they didn't smile back. I sat down in my chair and a person spoke up.

"Miss Little I think we should first clear the air. Why would you lie to us and tell us you needed time for yourself when you were really going on tour with Justin Timberlake?" A lawyer at my New York Firm said.

"I am very sorry. I didn't know that that's what was said." I said.

"What is going to happen now? You're getting married to him. You will be with him all the time and he has a very busy life." Another said.

"I of course will be with him a lot but when I am needed here I will be here. I will come for a visit to each of the firms once a month. Justin and I will be in LA most of the time,but we will come to New York every once in awhile." I said. They all looked at each other,looking for something to say.

"Nothing is going to change. I may be getting married but I will still be in the law firms to run things. If I need to sit in on meetings and I can't be there then we can skype. I will do everything possible that I can do for the firms." I said. They all looked at me and nodded.

"Now let's get to business." I said. The rest of the meeting went fine. As Jamie and I were walking to the car after the meeting the man who runs my Boston firm came up to me.

"Excuse me Miss Little." He said.

"Yes George?" I smiled.

"Is it true that Mr Scott is your step father?" He asked me.

"Yes it is. Why?" I said.

"So the only reason he has that job is because of who he is." He said.