Imagine 32 - Imaginary

A request for @kaitkittykat
pls read the note at the end
🌹🌹🌹
Aurora's POV

I walked into my room, smiling as a cool breeze hit my skin. Peter sat on my desk, facing the window. "Hey," I said, standing near the end of my bed. Peter turned around, his eyes lighting up happily.
"Happy birthday, love. Tonight I was thinking I could take you somewhere. If you don't mind." He added the last part quickly. I wanted to reach out and hold his hands, but he can't touch me. My hand would only go through his body as if he were a ghost.
"Neverland, I'm assuming? It's all you talk about." I replied.
"Would you like to go? We've known each other for a while now, and I really want to show you." He had a mischievous glint in those eyes, but I quickly dismissed it as it just being his excitement.
"Of course I would. But what about my parents? They'll freak if I'm gone." I say worriedly.
"Don't worry about them, Aurora. In order for you to get there, I have to teleport you." Peter didn't meet my eyes. This seemed weird, but I thought nothing of it. "It might feel a little strange, but it's quick, I promise. I'll be waiting for you when you get there."
I was nervous, but excited. I quickly nodded my head. Peter pulled a small object out of his pocket and threw it on the ground. The floor opened up into a gaping hole. I gasped and took a step back. "What the hell is that?"
"It's a portal. Think about Neverland and jump in it, I promise you'll get there." Peter said over the wind, and with one last glance at him, I jumped in.
•|i|• Ø i+! ].[
The next thing I knew, I was on a beach. Surrounded by teenage boys. "Who are you people?"
"Pan didn't tell you? We're the lost boys." The blond one holding a club said, stepping closer to where I lay.
"I've heard of you, but he didn't tell me much. Where is he?"
"Follow us." The boys walked away, into a forest.

I felt a familiar breeze after a short while of walking. I quickly turned, excited to see Peter, but when I looked there was no one there. I stood confused in thought until I decided to rejoin the boys.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see," one of the lost boys replied.

"So you can see Peter, too? I've known him forever, but no one else I knew could see him."

"You could say that."

"What- what do you mean 'you could say that?' Is something wrong?"

"Listen, you're asking an awful lot of questions. I know you're new here and all, but just calm down. We're almost there." The blond one said, clearly annoyed.

After walking deeper into the forest, we reached our destination. I looked around for Peter, but he wasn't there.

"Where's Peter? He said he'd meet me when I got here."

"Aurora, Pan is dead."

"What? No," I gasped while shaking my head, refusing to believe what my ears heard.

"But there's a way to save him. There's a way for you to save him."

"Tell me, I'll try anything."

"You have to believe."

"That's it? Just believe?"

"Just believe."

"Alright." I closed my eyes, and began thinking of Peter. I pictured the way his eyes sparkled when he smiled. I remember laughing at his snarky comments. I imagined us sitting together for all of those years talking until the sun rose. When I opened my eyes, he still wasn't there.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You didn't believe."

"Of course I-"

"No," he cut me off, "you didn't. You were thinking of memories, weren't you? You have to imagine what it would be like if you could finally touch each other. If he could actually feel something for you, the same you do. You need to believe he's real."

I shut my eyes for the last time, and whispered to myself, "Peter Pan is real."

A blinding light came from Skull Rock the instant I said those words. The Lost Boys and I ran to the side of the island as fast as we could, and hopped into a boat.

I begged them to move faster, I needed to see if Peter was okay.

Once we reached the shores of Skull Rock, I broke into a sprint. I charged up the steps of the island, and found the place where Peter was.

"Peter? Peter! Are you okay?" I kneeled down beside him and held him.

"Yes, I'm fine. Now help me up," he answered. I did as told and he brushed himself off. The Lost Boys were in a line waiting to be greeted by Peter, when he began to laugh. "Good to be back, boys! Now which one of you lot brought me back?"

"That would be her," the tall Lost Boy from earlier confirmed. Peter looked at me, glancing over my body.
"How did she do it?" I couldn't form words to answer him. He was dead. I just brought someone back to life. How the hell did that work?
"She believed in you." When he looked at me again I froze and could only nod. If he were to try to touch me would he only go through my body again? I was able to help him up so that must mean something.
"Cat got your tongue, Aurora? You've barely spoken since we arrived." The lost boy with blond hair spoke, swinging his club over his shoulder.
"Uh, no, I-I'm fine, just shocked." I managed to stutter out, looking between Peter, the lost boys, and the now glowing hourglass.
"Back to island, boys." Peter walked away, without even acknowledging me. I just brought him back to life! The least I can get is a thank you. I followed them and climbed into the boat when we reached the bottom.
•|i|• Ø i+! ].[
"Peter? Can we talk?" I had just barely caught the boy as he was leaving camp.
"Not right now, Aurora." He snapped, and turned his back.
"No," I grabbed his arm and tugged him back to me. "We're going to talk. You've been ignoring me since I brought you back. What's that about, huh? We were friends, Peter. What happened to you?"
The brunet chuckled darkly, his beautiful green eyes growing with a look I couldn't recognise. "I haven't changed, love. Maybe it's you." He ripped his arm from my grip and stepped closer to me.
"No! It's not me! You used to be fun, and carefree! Now you're mean and violent! Did something change when you got brought back?" I refused to believe this was my fault.
Getting even closer, Peter leaned down and put his face next to mine, our cheeks brushing. As he talked, his lips were like a ghost against my ear. Barely there, but noticeable. "Darling, I've always been that way. Goodbye, Aurora."
I woke up gasping for breath. I sighed in relief, running a hand through my sweaty hair.
Just a dream.

🌹🌹🌹
Umm.. I can't take credit for this🤦‍♀️
I had two amazing people write this for me,
67Directioner and danisometimeswrites
(If you couldn't tell by the writing style)😬
Sorry. But I hope you liked the imagine!
That's all that matters right???😕