Bound- Chapter 4

Bound

Chapter 4

"W

hat’s wrong, Ally?" Altair asked, running to her. She was standing outside, talking to a policeman. She smiled sadly when she saw him.

"They’re gone, Altair." She said. He froze. He knew automatically what she meant.

"Everything will be fine," he said, pulling her into him. She hugged him tightly, crying softly.

"I’m not so sure. What if they get taken away after they’re found? I didn’t hear a sound, Altair. Not one sound. What if, because of that, they get taken away?" she asked. He shook his head.

"That’s not going to happen, Ally." He said. She clutched him even tighter.

"They mean the world to me, Altair. I don’t know what I’d do without them." She said.

"Miss, we need to talk to you." Another police officer, not the one he saw her talking to, said. Ally nodded, untangling herself from him, but she kept an arm around his waist. "Is he staying?" Ally nodded again.

"We found the breaking and entering spot. The left window in the boy’s room. It was forced open, but in a quiet manner. There was no way you could have heard it open." He said.

"Is their anyway to find the kids?" she asked.

"Right now there are no leads, but we will do everything we can to find them. In the meantime, I think it would be best if you stay somewhere else." He said. Ally stiffened.

"Hey, you can stay with me." Altair told her, rubbing her back to calm her down.

"Yeah, alright," she said. "But I need some stuff from inside." He nodded.

"Alright, come on. We’ll go get it and head to my house." He said. She nodded.

-----------------

"Altair, what’s wrong?" his mother, Akeldama, asked her son. He had just left a little bit ago because Ally called, so she didn’t know why he was calling her now.

"Mom, can Ally stay with us for a bit? Something has happened and the police don’t want her in that house right now." He said. She sat up, alerting Eztli that something was wrong.

"What happened?" She asked. "Is Ally alright?"

"Ally’s fine, but there was a break in. They kidnapped the twins." He said. Akeldama gasped.

"The twins? How is Ally taking it?" Eztli put his arm around his wife’s shoulders.

"As well as she can. You don’t mind though?" he asked.

"Of course she can stay. Are you on your way now?"

"Yes, the police left right after Ally got her things. They wanted to make sure she got out alright." He said.

"Why do they not want her there?" she asked. Altair sighed.

"The intruders used something that caused the break in to be silent. If they come back there is no way Ally will know they broke in unless something happens again." He said.

"Bring her here. Besides, we need to talk. This sound like someone that is very familiar to your father and I." She said.

"What’s wrong?" A voice, very faint, asked. Akeldama heard Altair sigh.

"Nothing is, I’m just talking to Mom. You go back to sleep. We’ve got a long drive." He said. "Mom, I’ve got to go."

"Alright, your father and I will be up when you get here." She said. "I love you."