Bound- Chapter 10

Bound

Chapter 10

                Ally didn’t know what to do. It was the day of Stephanie’s funeral and she was freaking out. She had been in her room trying to get ready for the past hour, but she couldn’t do it. She didn’t want to say goodbye like this. She was scared the twins wouldn’t come home alive and her father was back in her life; she wasn’t sure if she could trust him or not. There was so much on her mind. She was afraid she was going to have another breakdown.

                “Ally, can I come in?” Akeldama called from outside the doorway.

                “Yes,” Ally answered, going over to unlock the door. Akeldama smiled softly at her.

                “Everything will be fine, sweetheart.” She said. Ally just shook her head.

                “I’m not sure. Something doesn’t seem right today.” Ally said. She didn’t think everything was going to be alright. She was sure that her father was hiding something he doesn’t want her to see, something bad. Also, she had this strange feeling that something was going to happen today. She didn’t know when, she just knew something was.

                “You know, I used to have those same feelings. I still do sometimes. Don’t ever write those feelings off. A lot of the time they’re true. What do you think isn’t right?” Akeldama asked. Ally sighed.

                “It feels like something is going to happen today. I don’t know when, but I know something is. I’m also pretty sure my father is hiding something from us that could change how things are too. Something is just not right about him, not to me.” Ally said. Akeldama nodded.

                “I know what you mean, sweetheart. After being around your father again for a little bit, I felt the same thing. Something isn’t right about him. Don’t feel bad for thinking that.” She said. Ally felt relief at what Akeldama said. Ally was feeling bad about that, because he was her father after all. Ally still loved him; it just seemed as if there was something dark he was hiding. “Come on, I’ll help you get dressed and things can be over and done with for a while.”

                “Sure,” Ally said.

-----------------------

                “Viktor, it’s nice to see you again.” Eztli greeted. Viktor nodded slightly. “What seems to be the problem?”

                “Oh, nothing’s wrong. I knew Stephanie.” He said. Viktor smiled when he saw the younger sister of his mate walk out holding onto Altair’s arm.

                “Viktor!’ Ally exclaimed, running up to him and hugging him tightly. “I haven’t seen you in so long.”

                “I know you haven’t. You were only fourteen when I met you.” He said, smiling down at her. He had truly missed this little creature.

                He had been one of Stephanie’s first boyfriends after the twins were born. He knew Stephanie hadn’t been the best mom to them, even then, but little Ally had always had a maternal instinct when it came to those kids. That was why he loved that family. Stephanie and Ally were the complete opposite of each other. That’s what made them work.

                “You’re going to have to come around more often.”  Ally said. Viktor nodded.

                “I will little one.” He said. “So, you’ve been introduced to the world vampires?”