Bound- Chapter 8

Bound

Chapter 8

“So, why do you want to keep this from your brother?” Akeldama asked her daughter. “Altair needs to know.”

“Mom, he has so much to deal with right now. I don’t want him worrying about me.” She said. Akeldama could see right through her daughter’s lies.

“You don’t want Altair to know, because he knows you don’t really want this.” She stated. “Sweetheart, your brother isn’t so little anymore. If you are just doing this so he won’t have to, then this needs to stop. You don’t need to be miserable.”

“He doesn’t need to be miserable either, Mom. He has so much to deal with now. Ally, the twins. He doesn’t need this.” She said. Akeldama sighed. She looked up when she heard the door open and saw her husband in the doorway.

            “Lelia, this doesn’t need to be all on your shoulders. We are not going to keep training you. Instead, we are going to all talk about this as a family. It’s not just your decision. It’s Odol and Arielle’s decision, Altair and Ally’s decision. It’s not just you deciding. Did you and John talk this over?” he asked.

            “We did, but neither of us are sure about it. He doesn’t want Maddie’s life to change, and neither do I, but he doesn’t want Ally and Altair forced to do this when they may not be ready to.” She said. Akeldama watched as Eztli shook his head at their daughter’s explanation.

            “Well, it’s going to be a family decision now. It’s to be talked over by everyone but the kids. We don’t need them worrying about this.” He said. “Go on now, Lelia. I need to speak to your mother privately for a bit.”

            Lelia nodded, walking out.

            “What’s the matter? Has something else gone wrong?” she asked her husband.

            “I just spoke to Altair and Ally. She’s not ready to speak with her father. She doesn’t want him to get involved in everything that’s going on.” He said. “It’s easy to see that she’s afraid he’s going to get hurt. We do need to speak with him though. If we want to get the twins back we will need his help. He’s one of the only people who still knows that place.”

            “Is he going to tell her the truth?” she asked her husband. “Did Holter mention that?”

            “He wants to tell her. The problem with that is explaining everything that happened before. It didn’t take people long to get back on track, but it means explaining the war and what he is, what they are. He’s hidden that from his children.” He said.

            “I know, but Ally deserves

to know. She’s going to be a part of this world. Actually, she is part of this world. She needs to know the truth. She can’t just walk in blinded. That’s not fair to her.” She said.

            “I know it’s not, that why it’s up to us to help get her to talk to him.” He said. Akeldama nodded.

            “It seems like it.”

------------

            Holter walked into the house, well, mansion more like it.

            “Holter, it’s so good to see you again!” He heard a voice exclaim, a voice that hasn’t changed much since he last saw her.

            “Akeldama,” he said, shocked at seeing her so happy. “It is good to see you again. How’s my daughter?”

            “She seems to fit right in.” she said. “We all love her, Holter. We’d do anything to keep her safe, especially since she’s…” Akeldama trailed off.