Bound- Chapter 9

Bound

Chapter 9

                Ally couldn’t believe what her father was saying.

                “I’m… what?” she asked.

                “You are a half-blood. Half vampire, half human. I had been changed shortly before meeting you mother, who was human. I had been in a fight and a friend of mine had found me and turned me since I had a little girl waiting on me at home. You’re mother was my mate, like you are Altair’s. You’re older than you think, because when half-bloods reach the age of six, their aging slows down. The same thing happened to Odol and Lelia.” He said. “I’m sorry for not telling you before, but I never liked talking about my past, about everything that has happened.”

                “I know you don’t like talking about the past. You never have. You never even told me about my mom before. I don’t know anything about her.” She said. Her father nodded.

                “I know and I’m sorry. You deserve to know these things. I know that now.”  He said.

                “Dad, are we going to be able to get the twins back?” She asked, tears in her eyes. Her father nodded.

                “We should be able to, but it’s just a guessing game. I really do hope we can.” He said. “I want to see you and Altair with those kids. Akeldama and Eztli said they loved watching the both of you with them. I’m so sorry that I haven’t been here for you before now.”

                “It’s not our fault, Dad.” She said. “How much do you know about half-bloods?”

                “Not as much as Akeldama and Eztli. I would ask them more about it. Eztli was born a vampire after all. He knows a lot more about this than anyone else here, really.” He said. “Now, about your sister’s funeral. They said there won’t be a body to show. Was there not one in the house?”

                “No, there wasn’t, which confused all of us. John and Odol are looking into it more.” She said.

                “I’m glad they are. I’ve got to leave now, but I’ll see you again soon, alright?” he asked her. Ally nodded.

                “I love you, Dad.” She said. He smiled at her.

                “I love you too, dear.” He said

-------------------               

                Altair was worried about Ally. She had been acting strange all day. Now, his parents have called a big family meeting that everyone, even Ally, had to go to. He knew her strange behavior had to do with her conversation she had with her father.

                As he was walking towards the living room to where his family was going to be talking, he ran into Ally.

                “We need to talk,” Ally said. “It’s about something my father said.”

                “Ally, do you want to right now? Mom and Dad called a family meeting that is supposed to be happening right now.” He said. “Can’t we talk later?”

                “No, I need to tell you now. The only reason I haven’t yet is because I’ve been talking to your sister about something.” She said. He could see the pleading look in her eyes and nodded. He couldn’t say no to her right now.