Bound- Chapter 25

Bound

Chapter 25

That night, as they ate dinner, Altair did something Ally wasn't expecting.

"So, ready for dinner?" Altair asked. Ally smiled from where she sat in their room. He wouldn't let her help with dinner. He wanted to do it all by himself. She thought that was cute.

"I certainly am. So, why wouldn't you let me help?" She asked as they walked into the living room. She stopped when she saw what he had done.

The lights in the living room where off, the only glow coming from all the candles he had lit. On the coffee table were plates of food, which she recognized straight away. It was her favorite food; grilled chicken with a lemon beurre blanc sauce. There was a romantic feel, one she couldn't describe well, in the room.

"It looks amazing, Altair. Thank you," She said, turning to kiss him lightly. He smiled down softly at her.

"You don't have to thank me, Ally. I wanted to do something special, that's all." He said.

"I love it already." She said. He smiled and gestured to the pillows set up as their chairs. The coffee table happened to sit quite low, which she liked.

It was mainly quiet as they ate, but Altair had a shy, loving smile on his face the entire time. It made her curious as to what he was up to.

"So, are you ready for desert?" He asked, once she got finished with her food. She nodded, smiling softly, lovingly, up at him.

"Does this have anything to do with what you wanted to ask me?" she asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Maybe, but only time will tell." He said, walking back with two plates containing something that looked like a cake. A kind of cake she knew very well.

Chocolate chestnut roulade.

This was a French desert made up of a spongy vanilla Genoise cake rolled into a cylindrical shape. This was filled and covered with a chocolate chestnut buttercream. It was her absolute favorite.

He sat it down in front of her and handed her a fork. That was when she noticed something on the plate. It was a note with a little ribbon tied on it. On the ribbon was something that made her gasp.

An engagement ring.

She looked up at Altair, who smiled softly at her, encouraging her to open the note. As she did, the tears in her eyes spilled over.

'

My little Ally,

There is nothing that could make this day better than one thing.

Will you marry me?'

"You should know the answer to that one," She said, the tears still spinning. He laughed slightly.

"I still want to hear you say it." He said, moving closer to her. Close enough to kiss her.

"Yes, of course I'll marry you," She said, smiling through her tears. He smiled, took the ring from the ribbon, and leaned in to kiss her. As he kissed her, ever so softly, he slipped the ring on her finger.

"I love you, Ally." He said. She smiled even more.

"I love you too."

------------------------

After dinner, they moved to their room. Altair wanted her to be as comfortable as possible. He didn't know if she would be in pain or not. Some people did have pain, some people didn't.

Ally was nervous about this too. She wanted to become a vampire, but she was scared. She didn't know what was going to happen, because it was a different experience for everyone.