Betty Cooper X Reader

(Fav/Song) was your through your radio as you layed on your bed scrolling through social media. An all to familiar ringtone was heard, and you checked your messages. It was from your girlfriend Betty.

[Betty Boop 👱🏻‍♀️]
Hey (N/N)!

[(Y/N)]
Hey Betty 😜

[Betty Boop 👱🏻‍♀️]
I was wondering if you wanted to go to Pop's to hang out? I wanna spend time with you

[(Y/N)]
Sure! How about tomorrow?

[Betty Boop 👱🏻‍♀️]
Ok!

[(Y/N)]
Its a date 😏
seen

You shrugged and continued to scroll through social media.

♛Time skip♛

The next day during your last period of the day, you couldn't wait for your date with Betty. When the bell rang, you ran out the door and drove to Pop's.

Sitting at your usual booth, you ordered two milkshakes; a (Fav/Flavor) one for yourself and Betty's favorite.

You sat down and waited. After sipping all of your milkshake, you debated in your head if you should text Betty or not.
She didn't stand me up, did she?
Sighing, you slumped in the booth and ordered some fries.

The door to Pop's had opened and your head shot up. You had expected it to be Betty, but it wasn't. It was Jughead. He saw you and headed for your booth.

"Hey (Y/N). Expecting someone?" He asked and slid into your booth.

"Yeah... I was waiting for Betty. Do you know where she is?"

His face fell. "(Y/N).. She's at the Blue and Gold working on the Jason Blossom case. Did she not tell you?"

Your eyes widened and your jaw dropped. She DID stand me up! But why?
You took out some pocket change, put it on the table, and ran out of the booth. You put the car into ignition and drove to school.

After going from hallway to hallway, you made it to the Blue and Gold office. Opening the door, you saw Betty standing in front of the bulletin board, with pictures of suspects all over it.

"Betty?" You asked. She turned around and smiled. "Hey (Y/N)! What's up? Here to help me?"

Your jaw dropped slightly. She forgot.

"Are you ok?"She asked. You looked down and shook your head.

"Betty, we had a date today."

Betty's eyes widened. "(Y/N) I'm so sorry! I forgot!" She tried to walk your way, but you took a step back when she took one forward. It was her turn to be surprised.

"Betty, this isn't the first time this has happened. We make plans and you never show! You're either doing this alone or with... Jughead or Veronica!" You turned around and breathed heavily through your nose. Try not to say something you regret, (Y/N).

"I'm sorry!"

You turned around. "Betty you need to take a break. Not just from this...."

"No, (Y/N)-"

"Do we need to take a break?" You whispered. Betty's eyes widened and began to glisten.

"N-No (Y/N)!" A tear fell from her eye.

You sighed and looked down, and back up.

"I'm sorry Betty." You let a tear fall and opened the door behind you. You looked at Betty one last time and ran. The last thing you heard from the room was an escaped sob from Betty.
---
That was sadder than I expected it to be.
I'm still working on Cole Sprouse!