The funeral

"i'm on my way."i reply to the call, aware of what's ahead. last night, two of the players died due to the attack and....i did not have the strength to stop all of this! how will i even face Cristiano now? he's got some scratches too but no injuries. i go in the hallway, shocked to see everyone in black, not coming to me because they know sweet words won't get me rid of this feeling.

i saw Ian last night, passing through our street, so casual and aware it was his doing. i was in pain, they had taken everyone out of the stadium. i had no option but to pray that it's not Cristiano. and he was out there, enjoying ,watching everyone cry . 

Funerals always remind me of Dad . we never got one done for him. giving the medal of bravery will never be enough. not after the doer is not yet known.

Charlie holds my hand as we get off the car and to the grounds. i see media there, they come to question me. oh,of course. they saw me waving at Cristiano last night. i ignore them and go inside, where a strange silence covers the air. i see Cristiano standing next to the tree, looking at me. will he forgive me if i tell him?

he asks me if i slept last night. i nod my head . he says something to kid standing next to him. the kid turns and comes to me.

"My brother wants to talk to you later. wait by the lake."he says,taking his place again.

what will he talk about? 

i wait as the funeral is done...everyone seems so shocked.  

i stand near the lake, just as the boy had said. i watch everyone disperse and Cristiano stands there alone.

he comes towards me.

"we should sit and talk"he says, taking my hand.

"i wanted to tell you something....Ethel,be with me."he says, his eyes full of tears.

"hey, don't cry. it's going to be alright."i say, pulling him in for a hug. he hugs me tightly.

"last night, i felt so lost, devastated...i was not able to think anything straight...i don't know but i felt this weird urge to be with you...feel you....besides me!i wanted you to be there around!"he says....crying uncontrollably. 

"what do you want me to do, i'll help you, dear!don't breakdown like this! life is tougher than this!"i say, trying to give him some comfort.

"if you are comfortable.....you can shift in my house for few days..with  your clan, of course. it will be great to have someone in my house...it's been to lonely. only if you want to."he says, waiting for an answer.

"i'm fine with it but won't it be weird...too many people in your house!"i conclude.

"i'm absolutely fine with it. i got spare rooms in my house.it would be good.besides,you'll get to know me better!"he says,a smile appearing on his face.

if this is what makes him happy,gets him out of this,so be it. i have to keep him happy. Ian won't get to know too. i'm sure the clan won't deny living in world's most expensive footballers house!

"OK then. make room for the clan. we are trouble! remember this!"i say,wiping of his tears.

"i think i'm in love !"he exclaims, pulling me in for a hug. i like it so much when he does this. he does some trick with my hair while hugging me.

life will end up happy, i guess.

we get up and start towards parking where he goes in his car while i go to the cabriolet, and people in it....smiling so hard at me....i could feel myself smiling so badly!