Blessed

"So no choppers. where are we going now?"Cris asked all of a sudden as we stood there in the cabin. the plan so far had come to be that we would run through the back window to the other team's dressing to check if anyone was there to help. most part of this area was effected. 

"in no time emirates will be back. my friends are holding them back for a while but....they won't last longer.they will come looking."i say, thinking of an escape.

"okay...i know a way but i might not work that well. we can run from the stadium's main entrance because emirates are at the gallery one. but we need to be quick."i say, remembering the plan they had told me for exit.

we got out with the Prez. debris was rising and i could hear the jeeps , they were all in mode to speed off anytime. little did they know they would wait there for nothing.i checked my bag. i still had the envelopes Twain had given me.

we ran through the main entrance to the cabins. there were bodies all around and we checked quickly if anyone was still breathing. count of people alive was just three of us.

I went first to check if any emirate soldier was there. none. but neither was there a car. where would we go?

I saw a police recorder lying. i picked it up and switched it on. there were questions in Russian asked and we were blank.

"what do we do now?"i said, handing over the recorder to Prez.

the President started speaking in the device."we are Portuguese. stadium. get us to Embassy?"

after  trying another hundredth time to explain the Russian on line that we were stuck and needed to go to the Embassy, we saw few police wagons coming our way. but There were other footsteps coming closer too. Emirates.

we were only steps away when we heard a gunshot. 

Ian was standing there, Inger by his side. his gun was still raised in the sky.

"stop there, Beautiful. the papers."Ian said, his gun pointed at me now. his shot would miss. he cannot shoot this far.

"run, President. he can't."i said, tugging at his arm.

"hey, i will hold them back.go!"he said, taking out his revolver.

"sir you don't have to do this!"Cris said, holding him by his shoulders.

"hey Ronaldo...you did a lot for this country. maybe you could be there at my place someday. as the President, it's my duty to protect the citizens.and i see you have a family now. young lady is Beautiful. go ahead . start a family.call me K.I.A!"he said, his eyes full with confidence. he was serious.

"K.I.A.?" i asked.

"Killed in Action!go now! i will hold them back. thank you."he said, turning back to the emirates. in no time they will shoot him. or torture him first.

Cris held my hand in his hand and we started walking towards the police.

"and Ronaldo?"we heard the Prez again. "Be there for her."and this time , we never turned back.

President was gone. 

so were Emirates.

we sat with the cops. it was weird that they did not ask any questions. usually they do.they took us straight to the embassy and i realized everyone staring at us. or at Cris , I should say. i was still in the uniform and he was in his Jersey. weird match. 

he did all the inquiry and stuff while i went to the room we were given for safety in the quarters. it felt like years had passed. seeing civilization was long gone. the bed, mirrors....everything was new to my eyes.

i looked at my face and body in the mirror. i seemed...i was not Ethel anymore. i did not stand like Ethel used too. my face had changed, too. my hair was a mess.my eyes seemed more...Chatoyant!I had many scratches on my face. i didn't remember getting them. i was sturdy. i used to be so fragile.

"looking at your Beautiful new self, garotinha"i hear Cris's voice. he was lying on the bed now. when did he come in?

"yeah. put it like that."i say, taking my place next to him.

"hey, we'll be home soon. they have prepared tonight's flight back to Spain.all we have to do now is face the media in the evening."he says, giving me a hug.

"will I ....Will I be jailed?"i say, tears in my eyes blurring my vision. Cris starts laughing.

"no baby!no! you are innocent. i won't let you go."

___________________________________________________________________

we were seated in the Embassy's conference halls. the session had started few minutes ago with Cris answering the questions wisely. my chance was yet to come. Cris did the right thing. he told the reporters that President was Killed in Action and he even proposed a national holiday in his memory.

"Sir . can you share the last words of your Prez with us?"a girl with huge glasses asked him.

"umm...he told me too take care of Ethel."

and then all the screens recorded my expression. they had the same minds. all of them.

"do you plan to do that by marrying her soon?"the reporter questioned. i saw at the screen behind the crowd that all cameras had turned to Cris. he looked in a dream. what was he going to say? propose me in media?say no? change the question?

after a while he answered-"it was like....i was never there for here and i regret that. i apologize."he says, taking my hand."it was the other way around. she was always there for us. for me."

i knew my expression was priceless. it had to be.the crowd bursts into applause and cheers.

my life was back and i'm going to celebrate it to the fullest.

________________________________________________________________

we reached the airport and got on the plain. we sat in front of each other, listening to each others playlist. we did this before i came to Russia. exchanging cells to hear each others playlist to escape boredom.

i was done with the playlist and then i noticed his wallpaper.

i snatched his  earplugs.he stared at me in confusion.

"tell me something I don't know!"i say, looking at him furiously.

"umm...what?"he says, confused.

"c'mon. i repeat. tell me something i don't know."i say, calmer this time.

"um...the trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots??"he says, giving a silly smile.

"nooo!!this!!!!!!when did THIS happen!"i say, showing him his wallpaper.

Me Sleeping With Winston!!!

"oh that!it's my fav! you look adorable!"he says, taking his phone and kissing the screen.

"that is awful! you clicked my picture without telling me! this is serious business now!"i say , jumping over him to get the phone back...and then the journey slipped into laughter.and love, of course

to love is the best. to be loved is the best feeling ever.