Escape.

"God is with us, David"I heard Ian saying to David. of course. Jesus would surely go with this unique idea that includes nothing but death , rage ,revenge and killings. making my list of sins making a lot more bigger in length. how the hell am i ever going to get rid of this!

the drum gave a beat-the traditional way of starting the battle in attacking position by emirates.

I was supposed to walk in middle of the whole formation which will then break into the stadium. i took my position right next to Elemer. i thought about saying a final goodbye to Twain but i looked around and she was not anywhere close by.

Elemer held my hand."wish you luck, Ethel. marry. have little children live your life and please visit Paris once."he said, so softly so that no one could hear us.

"Paris?"i asked, surprised by his unique request.

"Twain always wanted to visit.there is that Pont De Arts love lock bridge there. she wanted me to take her there."he says, his eyes filled with love and memories which he rarely shares.

"i know you would."i said, trying to make him feel better.

before he could reply, the formation started moving. the cops would have spotted us because i could hear alarms wailing. but now there was no turning back.

we were excellent in the language of war. keeping our heads high and guns in action, ready too shoot any cop that blocked our way. from hear, i could feel the crowd cheering their teams in the field. in a matter of seconds the whole pavilion would blow up and i will have to climb the bloody debris. 

this thing could kill me forever. from within . because i was one of them a day. at 16, watching his first match. because i know what it feels like to be so close to him, to catch him glancing at you all off a sudden. well, every fan thinks that there players are looking right into their eyes. that's what it feels like.

gone are the dreams now. just when y life became better, Fermino brothers took it all. 

we entered the pavilion area, bodies of hundreds of security people behind us. we were evil. ready to kill any one living out here in peace. 

little did these girls know they will be killed now in a blow. little did they know i could kill there hero. i could kill Ronaldo right here. 

"we are blowing it up! Ethel, front line . now!"i heard Inger scream in my Earpiece.

I started taking my position. i had to charm speak. if he doesn't give it, then take it and run. i heard everyone wish luck to me. i did the same. it was live or die. escape didn't seem an option. 

we got in straight into the stadium and that's when i though it would have been a hell lot better if i had covered my eyes too. i had a scarf covering my face but as soon as the pavilion blew up, there were loud screams of pain . and then my group open fired. and i stood there in center, without weapons, waiting for order from Inger or Ian to climb up the debris to the cabin where president sits. 

only at this very moment, i looked at the field in front of me. and there , on a now empty field stood Cristiano Ronaldo. staring right into my eyes. 

lord finally made us cross paths.

he stood there at first, just like me-looking in shock. all color had drained from his face.

"Ethel?"he said, taking  a step towards us. i so wanted to tell him to run. run like any other survivor. but he was coming to the killers to take his stupid girlfriend back.

he started running. I felt Elemer behind me gasp.

"tell him to stay away."Elemer nudges me."I won't let anyone shoot. go!"he shouts this time.

just as i was going to stop Cris, I heard Inger on my Earpiece"no!go up right now! prez is leaving!"

I had no other option . we were just steps apart and i could see the joy on his face. but i turned around.

i climbed the now turned debris stairs and saw few cops turning their attention on me. but the emirates where watching me as i saw all of the security fall one after one. the way was clear. i heard footsteps behind me. and then the voice."Ethel do you love me still?"Cris said, keeping pace.

i did not reply. this question had startled me. he must be thinking i left. i had no clue i was put into this.

"i know it's not the real you. i trust you. you are innocent!"he said, as if he just read my mind. 

i had to let him go. i said nothing and continued .i had to end this up.

but he kept following.

then i saw the cabin, the president, covered in sweat , sitting in between the bodies of his security. as soon as he saw me, he closed his eyes, afraid of his death which was yet to come.

i got through the debris and stood in front of him. Cris had stopped at the entrance. I wondered how Elemer is keeping everyone from shooting him. 

i looked back at the field to where the emirates had assembled earlier. no on was there. i think they were outside, ready to speed off as soon as i got out with the papers.

"Ronaldo run away! she will shoot you too!"the prez wailed. 

i turned around to see Cris . he was still. wasn't he afraid?

i guess he knew me too well.

"i have no weapons, sir."i said, showing myself around so that he was sure of it.

"what do you want?the special tanks?"he said, questioning me now.

"i want to tell you sir that...."i remembered that i still had the earpiece. i took it off."that I have nothing to do with the emirates.they want the papers. you know what i mean?"

"yes!take them. please but don't destroy anymore!"he said, getting down on his knees.i held him by his shoulders.

and then i said what i had planned at the very last minute. i knew i would miss Twain and Elemer. but they wanted this. Jaxon needed this.

"sir, you will not give the papers to me."

"what?are you crazy?they will kill you!"the president says, swearing in his mother language.

"sir, instead you will help me and Cris escape along with you."i say, feeling each word draw out my energy.

the president stood there in shock."yes! of course! but you know Ronaldo?"

i was about to answer when Ronaldo, in his Jersey, still standing there, stepped out of the shadows and wrapped his arms around me.

"President, Ela e minha esposa."he finishes on my behalf.

and with his words still ringing in my words, tears ran down my cheeks.

he was all i had now.