The Attack.

-THREE MONTHS LATER-

ETHEL'S POV

The last time i ever touched a cell phone was when i rang up Jr. i should have told him the important details. i should have told him about emirates. should have told him i'm one of them now.

since childhood i was always against terrorism. weird i never thought that i could be a part of the most dangerous one.

i wonder how they will find me now. it's time for Fifa now. they would be in action. i so wanted to watch him play and win, of course. i doubt i will ever see him again.

three months. the total time being here has improved than the first ones. they are making us prepare for some attack. Twain and her boyfriend Elemer have been great friends of mine. people, almost everyone here wants to escape. but Twain thanks this place daily. she says she found love here.

i wonder where i would find mine.

the worst part-Inger and Ian use every women here. Twain has suffered too. she says one mistake we make and both of them claim whoever they are interested in. i never want to be one of their amusements. never. and so i took up the challenge. now i have got some serious killing to do.

it's early morning when i practice in the fields, it's cold as usual. i suddenly hear a loud bang and i see everyone running towards the lord's house.

yeah, they call Inger and Ian lords. i'm supposed to , too. i barely had a talk with any of them after they...umm..stripped few layers off me.

i run too, afraid of a few more whips on my back, which is now so gross because of the ones I've had in these days.

i see Twain locking our cottage.

"hey, what's going on?"i ask her, keeping pace.

"it's war time. we are packing up to leave."she says, breathing heavily.

"where are we going exactly?"

"they don't tell before an hour other wise we might escape."she says, taking Elemer's hand.

"we will survive, babe."he says, planting a kiss on Twain's forehead. i wish i had someone too. i wish i had Cris.

they tell us to fill up the jeeps. Elemer, Twain and I take up the last one. we were starting when the back door opened. Inger. and Ian. both the devils straight from hell.

"Ethel you are leading.here is the plan. Elemer, take your wagon to the front lines and don't stop till we reach the bloody Krestovsky arena.st. petersberg.there is Portugal's president coming to see their teams match. we blow up the stadium and get the bag he has, it has worlds most expensive papers in it! we could sell islands from that money and of course, cause destruction all around"Inger finished, grinning.

"and Ethel you will go to the president and cover him with your Spanish charm talk. kill anyone who comes in your way!"Ian says, throwing a sack of weapons and clothes-war jackets in our wagon.

"can i ask you who are playing there today?it's Fifa right?"i say, trying not to sound too desperate.

"why? of course it is Portugal vs Colombia!Finals!Portuguese are first timers!"he says, mimicking my expression"of course your love boys- Cristiano Ronaldo and James Rodriguez will be dead by the end of the match!by your pretty, delicate hands."he says, slamming the door shut.

and I took another set of hours to get all this in my brain. this could not happen. i cannot take his life!

"hey Ethel. you alright?"Elemer says, looking back from the driving seat."we know it's your guy-what's his name?umm-Cristiano!yeah. who says it's mandatory to do the killing?if you are clever enough which we know you are-you can escape with him. don't let anyone know!but be careful because they just sit and watch-Inger and Ian.they always have a plan B."

"i'm no good to think of anything but save myself from being discovered by him.he will be broken to know i'm in for killing all the innocent people and teenagers in that stadium."i say, afraid of how broken i appeared to be. i had to be strong. maybe i could escape.

after driving for many hours continuously, we stopped to spend the night. it was in the jeeps itself, and i could see the weather warming up a little as we got close to the city.

early morning we started again. this time we took turns for driving as Elemer soon got tired. it was Twain and then me. while i was driving , Twain had a talk with Elemer. i don't know why but i enjoy them being together and so i kept watching them through the rear view mirror. they looked adorable. every once in a while Twain would stroke back Elemer's hair, which were now coming over his eyes and he would kiss her and they would laugh together to keep the mood light before taking people's lives. 

Twain caught me watching and shifted back to her corner, escaping from Elemer's grip.

"i'm just looking, Twain. it's nothing to be shy about!"i said, trying to sound cheerful.

"Ethel you are crying."she said in a surprised tone. i looked at my face in the mirror. i was. and watching myself cry over love, i could not control. i felt my hands shaking on the wheel.

"you can cry, dear . it's alright to cry."Elemer says, trying to comfort me.

"it's just that i miss him so, Elemer! i love him so much!"i say, breaking down completely. i drive with the speed increased, taking out my anger on this white land."i adore you so much. please don't ever leave each other.ever."

"we won't, Ethel. and you will find him. just keep your eyes and mind open and in best state. and escape!"Twain says, continuing"we plan to escape today, too.maybe to somewhere where they will never find us again."

i liked her spirit so much. today might not be my day but it had to be theirs.

Elemer took back the wheel and Inger made us stop our cars near the city.

"here. take these cell phones. they only dial one contact and that's me and Ian so don't waste time on calling up family.call when in trouble. backup will be send to you."Inger says, handing me an overused cell phone.

"everyone will  cover Ethel at the stadium.then attack and Ethel will go up the VIP area and get the bag from president. ASAP. rest, kill as many people as you can. watch out for Ethel. as she leaves, cover her and get back to the jeeps. drive straight to our camp.no escapes,please"Ian says, raising his voice at the last words.

so this was the time. i had to escape anyhow.they had to escape.

Jesus, it's been a while you blessed me.