Elige Amabilidad!

(ETHEL'S POV)

The room was already packed with media , journalists of all kinds. it seemed like any other charity program. i had discused with Cris;if the media asks me directly that do i love him for his money or something like that, i will say the truth in no matter which way. his manager, Jorge showed me some newspaper articles and all of them carried bad word about our relatrion...the fact that he takes me to parties, many of then claimimng to have seen me and Cris buying from expensive brands and all the rubbish. Cris had expressed his feelings earlier, how once everybody had startred calling him arrogant and overconfident. i remember those days, just because of his on field seriousness and aggressive play, he can't be arrogant!

well, he is probably the most genuine person alive. and i will let the world know that.

the program starts and Cris is called on stage along with his trophy. he announces that he will be selling his 2015 Balon D' Or and thats fot the make-a-wish foundation. they will be building basic requirement shelters and education cetres in Congo and Sudan.

looking at his expression, it clearly is visible how proud he is to be able to help the poor children. he continus by telling his childhood stories-when his father was a kit man and they lived in poor conditions. but he also adds that the struggle has m ade him what he is.

after a quick question answer round with Ronaldo, the journa;ists ask Zizou to give his statement. Zizou says that it's obviously hard to let go of a trophy which is so hard to earn but the blessings of the pure souls of the children who will get the benifit is harder to earn ands has more value.i love the way he states simple things like magic.

Cristiano comes and sits next to me, his expressions being calm, happy to see things under control.

ofcourse, when you think it isn't happening, it happens.

__________________________________________________________________________

(CRISTIANOS' POV)

I come and sit next to her , relived that they have not brought up that controversy yet.

just then, i hear Ethels' name being announced by the media for they wanted to ask some questions. without any hesitation, Ethel puts on her best smile and follows.

"¿Estás de acuerdo con tu amor, Cristiano Ronaldo?"the woman in the front says.

"lo siento, hablo inglés"Ethel says, apoligising and saying that she would speak in english instead of spnaish.

"do you agree with your love, Sir Cristiano over his decision?"the woman, her name tag stating her name to be Maria, asks again.

"of course i do. Cristiano is the one who has earned the trophy. and what he is doingis for a very good cause. not many have the courage to take this extreme step. we should be proud of him. i am.this is what i love him for."

"you are saying you love him for his trophies?"Maria asks.

I don't know how Ethel is going to manage such questions. she is innocent. this croos questioning will break her.

"you got me wrong, señora. i love him for the dedication and hardwork he puts behind what he is, i love the making of the best footballer in the god damn world."she says, notr losing her calm at all.

Maria:"we reportedly found that Ronaldo gifted you a beach house near Florida Keys...whats your stement over that?do you enjoy his wealth?"

"I am happy...Florida Keys are beautiful and it's just so nice of him to gift something that i would love so much but what do you mean by 'enjoying his wealth'?"Ethel says.

I am able to see that she is losing her calm now.i get up tobring her back ext to me but the organising board stops me, taking me by my arm and creating a scene. oh Jesus, help her

"Love is not the thing why peple marry rich men in today's world, Ma'am. many believe it's Ronaldo's fame that girls love. who would love a man but not his fame?this is what we want to ask, afterall!"Maria says, handing over the mic to a man standing next to her.

"yes . there are questions upon whether you love Cristiano or not. you haven't shown any kind of affection, anything at all. is it because you are gonna break up or because you have nothing to do with love?"the man says, and there is an alarm set off for the time was up. thankfully this will be the last question. i get up as the alarm stops but Ethel holds my hand, pulling me to her side.

she chooses to answer.

"Life is too cruel. if we cease to believe in love,why would we want to live?you can't control, my friends!that's the best and worst part of it. i fell for Cristiano Ronaldo....ain't our fault at all. love is priceless..in a world where every one is over exposed, the coolest thing i cna do is maintain my mystry. thank you everyone. good day."she finishes, posing with me for a picture and that silently, taking me by my hand, walking to the car.

we greeted few people in our way before finaly coming back home. she jumbed over the bed.

"ah, what a relief it is to be back!"she says, taking of her shoes.

i just watch that innocent face , which by so much bravery just conquered the world.i tried to make the moment a bit fun. not that of a long day .

"look, Ethel..i wanted to say something."

"go on", she says, still lying on her stomach.

"I am lucky that i am your first love but you are even luckier because you are my last love, isn't that true?"i say. jumping on the bed next to her. it's good to see her blush over and over again.

"you finaly confessed that you love me. what was it like?"i say, slightly stroking her hair.

"what ?"

"Falling for me , i mean!"i say, eager to hear her.

"umm.."

"think about it"i say.

"Falling for you wasn't falling at all..it was just like walking into a house and knowing you are home!"she says simply, not realizing what her words mean to me. i wonder if she could ever know how much i love her, that i would never ever let her go.

"what?!"she says, punching me hard .

"nothing!"

"you are staring again , Cris!"she says, laughing uncontrolably.

i could not think what to say."i'm gazing,Ethel"

"well, that makes you a lot more romantic!"she says, pulling me