As Long As I'm With You | Jimmy

Y/N's POV

I walk into the last class of the day, the one I usually have with Jimmy. I sigh, not seeing him in his seat, knowing that he didn't come to school, once again. I sit at the desk behind Jimmy's assigned seat, staring at his desk. I've been so worried about him lately, but I'm too scared to go to his house to see if he's okay. You could say that I have a huge crush on this dork, ever since I met him about three years ago. I don't know what it was with him, but we just instantly clicked, becoming great friends from the start. I zoned out during the class, my thoughts filled with negative situations that could've happened to Jimmy. What if he was killed in an accident? Or what if he was robbed and stabbed? He could be dying in the hospital for all I know and I'm here, sitting in this stupid class. I groaned, letting my head fall on the desk, creating a loud thump.

"Am I boring you, Miss L/N?" The teacher sassed. I pick my head up, seeing all the students looking at me, a glare on the teacher's face before quietly apologizing and she goes back to teaching. My cheeks flush in embarrassment as I watch the clock, waiting for the bell to ring. Once it rings, I run out of the classroom and out the building, immediately walking towards Jimmy's house. My hands begin to shake slightly, seeing his house in the distance. I walk up to his door, knocking on it lightly, looking over at his driveway, not seeing his dad's car in the space, signaling that he must be at work still. I rub my hands together, about to knock again when the door opens, Jimmy standing on the other side of it.

"Y/N?" Jimmy asks, his lips parted in surprise, obviously not expecting me to be standing outside of his house. "What are you doing here?"

"Um, you haven't been in school lately and I-I was just worried, I guess. It's probably stupid and such a mistake to come here. I-I'm sorry I'll just..." I turn to leave, feeling his hand wrapped around my wrist, stopping me from walking away.

"No, it's okay. Do you want to come in?" He asks, pulling his hand away, a tingly feeling lingering on my wrist. I nod my head, smiling at him as we head into his house, going straight to his room. Once we were inside, he closed the door and I looked around his room smiling, remembering him telling me that he loved baseball. I can feel his eyes on my back as I find a picture of us on his desk. A small smile forms on my lips, remembering that day exactly, the day we decided to go to homecoming together, only to leave an hour later. We had gone to the park that's near his house, sat on the swings and talked until about midnight.

"You still have this?" I take the picture, turning around showing him and he chuckles, taking the picture into his hands.

"Of course I do. It was one of the best nights of my life." He tells me, giving me a smile. We sit down on his bed, our shoulders touching and my heart starts beating faster. "So, you said that you were worried about me?" Jimmy asks, looking over at me. I look up at him, nodding my head.

"Y-Yeah. My mind immediately went to situations where you die and I just had to make sure you were alright." I whisper, looking at my shoes. His hand grabs mine and I look up at him, seeing his face lightened up, a huge grin on his lips.

"You know, I really like that you care about me so much. Ever since my mom died, I thought that I'd never be happy. But you, you make me happy. I'm glad that you're my friend, Y/N." He confesses and I give him a toothy grin. I check my phone, seeing it's getting late and I get up off the bed.

"I should really get going before my mom has a cow." I chuckle, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. Jimmy nods his head, standing up, wiping his hands on his jeans before walking me to the front door.

"So, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you won't be in school on Monday?" I ask, facing him as he sighs, running a hand over his buzz cut.