Just like the Fairy-Tales | Dylan O'Brien

Soulmate AU

As I wait in line at the coffee shop I look down at my wrist seeing the Mets logo that's on my wrist. My mom told me that when I turned 18 I'd get a tattoo of my soulmate's passion, and it seems to be that my soulmate loves the New York Mets. My passion is music and I've seen people with musical notes as tattoos, but never on the left wrist. She also mentioned that the tattoos would be in the same spot on the same wrist. I always wondered what my soulmate was like and what he looks like. I sigh quietly looking back up noticing that I was next in line. I ordered my usual, a mint hot chocolate and a plain bagel with plain cream cheese. I go to a booth that's facing the windows and put my bag and coat there as the barista shouts out my name. I go up to where the barista was grabbing my drink and bagel I thank her and head back to my seat.

As I sit I start to look at my tattoo again. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear a bell go off signaling that someone walked into the shop. I look up to see who walked in and see two guys that are around my age. One had black hair, dark brown eyes, tan skin, an uneven jawline, and thin pink lips. The other guy, man the other guy, was absolutely stunning. Where the fuck did he get his genetics from? Damn. From what I can see under his baseball cap that was on backwards was dark brown hair, he had these chestnut colored eyes, pink lips, moles that sprinkled across his left cheek, and some nice scruff on that adorable face, scruff is absolutely delightful if I must say. As they get in line I notice the back of his hat and it turns out to be a Mets hat. I look down at my wrist than back up to his hat as my heart rate picks up a bit. Could this guy be my soulmate? Fuck I hope so. I bite at my lip waiting to see the guys left wrist lift up at any point in time. I groan, louder than I intended and a lot of people in the shop turned to look at me including Mets guy and his friend. I blush majorly feeling embarrassed that everyone heard me and I turn my head to look out the window hoping everyone would just forget about what just happened. I shake my head as I start putting my computer and books away when a guy coughed making me look up at him, and it turns out to be Mets guy's friend.

"Can I help you?" I ask politely with a small smile on my face.

"Uh hi. I know you don't know me and it's kinda weird for a stranger to come up and start talking to you, but I was wondering if anyone was sitting here?" He asks pointing to the space across from me.

"Uh no, no it's not," I say giggling.

"Great! I'll be right back," He says quickly putting his stuff down going somewhere else.

"O-Okay..." I say nervously as I see him walk back with Mets guy.

I start to get nervous and start playing with my fingers as they stop in front of me. I smile trying to mask my nervousness but it doesn't seem like it's working.

"You okay?" Mets guy asks me with slight concern in his eyes.

"O-Oh uh yeah! Yeah I'm fine," I say pushing a piece of hair behind my ear and he see's the tattoo on my wrist, "I'm just shy around new people." They chuckle and Met's guy's friend introduce themselves to me.

"Well I'm Tyler and this is my friend Dylan," Him and Dylan smile at me. So Met's guy's name is Dylan. Cute, just like him.

"Hi. I'm Y/N," I say and I notice Dylan's eyes wander to the tattoo on my wrist again.

"I'm sorry, but can I see your wrist?" Dylan asks me reaching his hand out towards mine. I nod slightly and put my hand out. I feel his soft delicate fingers smooth over the tattoo placed on my wrist and I see him smile slightly. He looks down at his wrist then back up at me before asking, "Have you by any chance met your soulmate yet?"