Insecurities | Dylan O'Brien

Y/N's POV

"Babe, are we doing anything tonight?" Dylan asks, coming into the kitchen in just his sweatpants. I lick my lips slightly, trying not to stare at his oh so wonderful body as I shake my head, leaning my elbows on the island.

"No, I don't think so. Why babe? What's going on?" I ask, walking towards him as he reaches his arm out, wrapping it around my lower back. I place my hands on his chest as he holds me close, pressing a kiss to my nose.

"Well some of my friends wanted to go out and you should come with me." He tells me, placing a chaste kiss to my lips.

"Like, Posey and the cast? Or your other friends?" I ask carefully, playing with the fabric of Dylan's shirt. His eyebrows furrow in curiousness, probably wondering why I asked him that.

"No, it's my other friends, why?" He asks, rubbing my arms, looking at me intently.

"Um, it's just, sometimes they're not the nicest people. Especially when they're drinking." I mention looking down at our feet. Dylan lifts my chin up, placing another chaste kiss to my lips.

"I know. I'll talk to them before they start, but I don't want to go without you. With me leaving in a few weeks, I want to spend as much time as I can with you." He tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

"You'd do that?" I ask, surprised.

"Yeah, of course. I love you and I want you to be comfortable." Dylan presses his lips to my forehead. "So? We're going?" He asks, a large grin on his lips. I return the smile, nodding my head in agreement and he lifts me up, spinning me around. I squeal, wrapping my arms around his neck. I'm always surprised that he's able to lift me. I have this one insecurity that always upsets me and Dylan knows this. I'm not the happiest with my body, and I'm afraid that tonight his friends will mention something about it.

We head upstairs to get ready for tonight. I begin to rummage around the closet, trying to find something to wear. I bite my lip while taking some of the dresses I own and placing them against my body and looking into the mirror. I sigh, thinking it looks awful as I throw it on the bed. Dylan comes out of the bathroom, in a pair of jeans, placing his flannel over his bare upper body.

"Baby? You okay? Why aren't you dressed yet?" He asks, buttoning his flannel, sitting on the bed next to me.

"I just can't find something that looks good on me. I think I might've gained a few pounds." I frown, wiping a few tears from my eyes.

"You look good in everything babe. Wear my favorite red dress. For me?" He pleads. I chuckle as I get up, grabbing the short red dress from the hanger. I begin to put it on, and I can feel Dylan's eyes on me. I blush and look up at him, I'm never used to him staring at my body. I adjust the dress before putting on a little eyeliner, mascara, and some red eyeshadow. I squirt Dylan's favorite perfume onto my body before placing my black stilettos on. I walk downstairs, seeing Dylan checking his phone by the door and when he looks up at me, his mouth parts in amazement.

"Baby, you look absolutely stunning." I smile at his compliment, my cheeks heating up.

"Thank you." I whisper and Dylan grabs the keys, heading out the door with our fingers intertwined.

A few hours and a lot of drinks later...

I sit at the table the boys are at, stirring my water around with my straw, watching Dylan have fun with his friends. He hadn't mention to them that they should be nice and I'm super worried that something might happen. I'm taking a sip of my water when one of his friends looks over at me before rolling his eyes in disgust and looking back over at Dylan.

"Dude, I thought you got rid of this girl. I mean c'mon, you can do so much better than her. Look at her, she's not even skinny." He tells Dylan. Dylan chuckles, shaking his head.

"I told her to lose weight but she doesn't listen. All she does all day is sit on the couch, I'm kinda getting sick of it." Tears begin to pool as I look at him with my lips parted. A tear sliding down my face when Dylan looks over at me. His eyes widen in surprise, not knowing I was there obviously. I get up from the seat, and throw the water in his face.

"Never talk to me again." I tell him, sniffling as I wiped tears from my cheeks.

"Baby, wait." Dylan begs, but I don't listen and walk out of the club. I get into the car and drive back to the house. He fucking knew how I felt about the situation. I've told him plenty of times that I've been trying to lose weight. I park the car outside the house. I unlock the door and walk inside and head upstairs. I close the door and stand in front of the mirror, analyzing every flaw I can find. A sob escapes my lips as I fall to my knees, covering my mouth with my hand as I let everything out. I throw the mirror across the room, a piece of glass landing on my arm and piercing my skin. I hiss in pain, not caring at the moment and I sit against the edge of of the bed on the floor. I heard the front door slam shut and I get up and lock the bedroom door, not wanting to see Dylan at the moment. The doorknob shakes, Dylan pounding his fist against the door.

"Baby, please, open the door." Dylan pleads, his voice cracking slightly. I don't say anything, tears still streaming down my face as I stare at the bedroom door.

"Please, please, I'll do anything just talk to me." He begs, still trying to get the door open.

"You don't get to say anything after what you did!" I yell, another sob escaping my lips as I'm pulling my hair in frustration.

"Okay, don't talk, just listen. Look, I'm so sorry baby. I know I forgot to tell them to not say anything rude, but they have never said anything bad about you before tonight. I know I can't take back what I said, especially when we had a talk about it before we left, but please. I love you so much and I don't think I can lose you." Dylan tells me through the door. I get up l and stand in front of the door, slowly raising my hand to it.

"I'm sorry Dylan, but I need space. Maybe it's better if we take a break." I quietly say, not knowing if he actually heard me.

"Baby, no. No, no, please. I won't be able to live without you." Dylan begs and I pack a bag before opening the door. I look up at him, seeing tears trailing down his flushed cheeks. His eyes saddening once he sees the state I'm in.

"You'll be fine, but I gotta go." I whisper, heading downstairs, opening the front door when a hand grabs my wrist. I turn around facing Dylan as his hand intertwines with mine.

"Will you come back?" He asks quietly, biting his lip softly. I shrug my shoulders, trying to hold my tears in as I look at the floor.

"I don't know. Only time will tell." I give him a sad smile and place a small kiss to his lips. I pull away, Dylan not wanting to let me go.

"Please, just remember that I love you so much and I regret everything I've done tonight." He tells me and I give him a quick nod and walk out the door, missing him already.

A/N: I'm glad that you guys like the stuff I'm writing. I get real worried that people don't really like me, so thank you, all of you!