Just Teasing | Dave Hodgman

Have you ever had that one friend you were foolishly in love with, but know that he likes someone else? That's the sticky situation I'm in right now and that someone was my very best friend, Dave Hodgman. There's some moments we share together where I feel like he would be into me, but then a couple hours later he's telling me about Jane, the girl he "likes." I was walking home from school one day, kicking a rock as I let out a sigh, wishing Dave would make his feeling clear for me. I felt a raindrop land on my forehead, making me look up into the sky as it started to pour.

"You've got to be kidding me? Just my luck, too." I mumbled, pulling my hood over my head as I fasten my pace. I shiver, my clothes becoming soaked as I heard a car pull up to the curb.

"Y/N?" A familiar voice yelled and I looked over, seeing Dave in his car as his eyes widened. "Oh my god. Get in the car," he mumbled, unlocking his doors and I nodded my head, walking over to the passenger door, opening it before getting inside, the blast of heat hitting me immediately as I sighed in content, warming up a little.

"T-Thanks D-Dave," I stuttered, wrapping my arms around myself, one of Dave's hands resting on my wet thigh, trying to warm me up faster. My cheeks flushed, looking out the window as I suddenly get a hot flash, taking off my sweatshirt.

"It's not a problem, Y/N. It's what best friends are for," he smiled at me and I smiled back at him, resting my head against the seat. Dave returned his gaze at the road as the rain hadn't lighten up yet. I frowned when I realized what he had said to me, it's what best friends are for.

"I don't know where I would be without you, Dave." I whispered, smiling at my cute best friend as the smile on his face widened, glancing over at me.

Dave had dropped me off at my house after a few hours aimlessly driving around town until the rain had stopped. He had walked me to my door, giving me a tight hug before walking back to his car, driving home. I watched as he drove off, my heart pounding against my chest as the warmth of him had spread throughout my body. I walked into my house, going upstairs to my room as I laid on my bed, smiling at my ceiling. Why is Dave so cute? God, I'm such a love sick puppy.

Dave had invited me to go to the mall with him since he claimed that he needed new clothes and some more video games. Of course, I wasn't going to pass up the offer to hang out with Dave, cause well, it's Dave. We were walking towards American Eagle, our arms brushing together slightly, my face heating up as we discussed what we were doing for the weekend. As we were nearing the store, I noticed my ex-boyfriend, Jack, walking our way with that stupid blonde bimbo he left me for.

"Oh my god. That's my ex. Makeout with me and make him jealous," I pleaded to Dave and his eyes widened, lips parted as they moved trying to form words.

"W-What... I-I, okay." Dave gulped, his cheeks pink as he took my face in his hands, planting his lips on mine. My eyes widened, the feeling of his lips against mine suddenly the best thing in life. I began to kiss him back, wrapping my arms around his neck as his hands moved down my sides, sending shivers throughout my body, resting them against my hips. I heard Jack scoff, taking the bimbos hand, walking away from us quickly. I pulled away from him, our lips brushing together lightly, my heart fluttering.

"Oh wow." I muttered, my eyes still closed, not wanting this moment to end as I felt his breath hitting my face. Dave tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, leaning his forehead against mine, resting my hands against his chest.

"W-Wow is right." Dave chuckled, his other hand rubbing my lower back, before we walk into the store. I kept stealing glances at him, taking my lip in between my teeth as a blush covered my cheeks, feeling the fabric of a shirt we're looking at. I could feel Dave's eyes on me as he picked out a few things, bringing them to the cashier.