Insecurities - Part Two | Dylan O'Brien

Y/N's POV

As I walk into Holland's house, I find her and her dog in the kitchen, in the process of making dinner. Fievel notices me taking my shoes off and begins to bark, jumping up on my leg. I chuckle, picking her up and she begins to give me kisses all over my face. I walk into the kitchen, the aroma of food filling my nose.

"Hey, Holl. Whatever you're making smells absolutely delicious." I smile, placing Fievel on the floor, grabbing a water out of the fridge.

"Yeah, I'm making chicken alfredo, your favorite." She says, giving me a smile.

"Oh, crap. Holl, I forgot to mention to you the other day, but I actually have a date tonight." I bite my lip as she turns to me, a shocked expression on her face.

"What? You do? I thought you and Dylan were still together?" She asks, her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"I-I mean, yeah? Maybe? I'm not even sure. H-He hasn't contacted me in a few weeks." I frown, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear, wondering how he's doing.

"You still love him don't you?" She gives me a sad smile as I nod my head. "Is that why you've been working your ass off at the gym?" I give another nod, sniffling slightly.

"I-I thought maybe, if I lost quite a bit of weight, he might want me back." I confess, wiping the tears from under my eyes.

"Babe, I know you might not believe this, but he absolutely loved the way you were and I can't explain why he said what he did, but you saw how distraught he was after he said it. All I can tell you is that he really regrets it. When he comes to set, he's not his usual bubbly self and I honestly think that's because he lost the love of his life. Now, I'm not telling him that you should forgive him or cancel this date but just think about it and always, always follow your heart, okay?" She rubs my arm as I nod in response. She pulls me into a hug, squeezing the life out of me. When she pulls away, she claps her hands together.

"So, what do you plan on wearing?" She asks, excitedly.

"Honestly, I have no idea. Would you be my Lydia Martin and help me out?" I chuckle as she gives me a playful glare before nodding.

"Of course. Oh, should you know, Holland has good taste as well!" She yells while running up the stairs, Fievel hot on her tail. I follow her upstairs, seeing some of her dresses laid out on her bed.

"Oh, Holl. I-I don't think I'd look good in any of those dresses." I tell her, becoming slightly nervous.

"Of course they will, sweetie. Just try this one on." She hands me a cute black evening dress. I head into the bathroom, pulling off the clothes I'm wearing, putting the black dress on. I look at myself in the mirror, my lips parting in awe. Oh my god. A knock on the door shakes me from my thoughts.

"Y/N? Everything okay in there?" She asks. I step out of the bathroom, a smile prominent on my face.

"I-I look amazing." I laugh, tears pooling. Holland smiles, bringing me into a hug as a few tears stream down my face.

"You look great, babe." She laughs, petting the back of my head. "Do you want me to do your hair?"

"Yes, please." I smile, sitting on the bed as she plugs in the hair curler.

"So, who's the lucky guy?" She asked, beginning to curl my hair.

"I met him at a bar, his name is Nate." I explain, chewing on my bottom lip.

"Ooo, so what are your plans?"

"Um, well, I'm supposed to meet him at the Italian restaurant that's near the set." I tell her. She puts the curling iron away, spraying some hairspray in my hair, so it holds.