Mixed Emotions | Stiles Stilinski

Stiles and I have been friends for almost 15 years. We had met the same year him and Scott met in that sandbox. Stiles had wobbled over to me, offering his doritos and I took them, sharing lunch together on the playground. Since that day, both of us have been inseparable, always hanging out and getting into trouble together. Along the way, I managed to catch feelings for this adorable, spastic dork. Stiles and I have this cutesy friendship. For instance, we'll cuddle if the other is feeling down or even if we're watching a movie. He'll kiss me on the forehead and I'll kiss his cheek a lot. It would seem like we're the perfect couple, but in reality, we're just friends.

I walk into Beacon Hills High School, looking around the halls trying to find Stiles, so I can yell at him. He was supposed to give me a ride to school this morning, but ever since last night, he hasn't been answering my texts or calls. I push my wet hair out of my face, shivering slightly. I find Stiles talking to Scott near the principal's office.

"Hey, buddy." I mutter, both boys turning to face me, their eyes widening at my current state. Cold and wet.

"Y/N, what happened?" Scott asks.

"Well, you see, my best friend was supposed to give me a ride this morning, but it seems that he's ignoring me so I had to walk. And, halfway here, it started to pour." I mutter angrily, giving a glare to Stiles. Stiles' eyes sadden, letting out a sigh, about to say something but I walk away, heading towards my locker. When I turn the corner, I look back seeing Scott give Stiles a "go after her look" and Stiles bolts down the hallway, yelling my name. I stop, deciding to wait for him as he bolts the corner, running into me, almost knocking me over.

"Oh god, I-I'm sorry." Stiles stutters, placing his hands on my waist, holding me so I don't fall over. Butterflies erupt in my stomach, feeling his fingers dip under my shirt slightly.

"It's okay, Stiles." I whisper, my cheeks heating up as his hands stay still on my waist.

"I'm also really sorry about yesterday and not giving you a ride this morning. Lydia and Allison got attacked by a deer last night and this morning I got distracted by researching about deer accidents." He tells me and I roll my eyes. Of course he was there when Lydia got hurt. I sigh, looking to the floor when a finger lifts my chin. Stiles looks down at me, a frown etched on his lips and I look away from him. He makes me look at him again, pushing a piece of hair out of my face.

"What's wrong?" He asks, taking one of my hands into his.

"Nothing. It's just, I thought I meant more to you." I sigh, looking at my shoes, not wanting him to see me cry. Stiles pulls me into a hug and I let out a quiet sob while he rubs my back slowly.

"You do, Y/N. You've been my best friend since childhood. I'd be lost without you." He whispers against my hair and I nod my head, gripping his flannel as I pull away from him.

"It just really hurt is all. I-I thought that you we're mad at me and all I was thinking last night and this morning is what I had done wrong." I confess and Stiles wipes the tears off my face with his thumb, pressing his lips to my forehead. My heart races, as Stiles escorts me to my locker, his hand resting against the small of my back and I look up at him for a brief second before my heart breaks slightly. Why do you have to send me mixed signals, Stiles?

"I'll meet you in english, okay?" He asks and I nod my head. He begins walking down the hall and I let out a sigh, opening my locker, grabbing my books before leaning my head against the now closed locker. Sometime's I wish I knew how he felt about me, so I don't have to feel this way. I walk into the classroom, frowning when there's no open seats near Stiles. I sit in a seat towards the back, a few rows away from him, doodling in my notebook. I zone out, not hearing anything, just thinking about the recent events with Stiles. I snap out of it when I hear a thump against the window. I watch as a large amount of birds fly towards the window's and I grip the edge of the desk a little bit, afraid something bad will happen. I scream once the birds fly into the room, terrorizing all the students including me. I cry out, swatting at the bird as it scrapes at my face and scalp. Someone covers me, wrapping their arms around me as I cry into the person's chest, gripping their shirt. I look up, seeing that my savior was Stiles and my cheeks heat up a bit. All the birds die down, as everyone gets off the floor, the teacher calling 9-1-1.