Jealousy Complications | Thomas

Being in the maze with a bunch of guys and one girl was awful, but one good thing came out of it. Thomas. He always made sure that I was okay and comfortable and made sure that I was safe. We had bonded closely while stuck in the maze. He was a runner. I was a med-jack. He would come by the tent every so often that I was on duty, deliberately hurting himself as an excuse to see me. I had not known of this at first until Newt had mentioned that he was basically a pro with a machete, growing confused on how he was still cutting himself.

When Teresa had arrived in the maze, a note in her hand letting everyone know that she was the last one, I had become a little weary and suspicious, since she had known Thomas. I honestly didn't like that she was trying to get close to him, they hung out so much that I was beginning to slip from the picture and I hated it. I did my best to ignore both of them, not looking them in the eye when they talked to me, turning down Thomas' offers to eat together. I didn't want my heart to break anymore than it already had.

Thomas had noticed my cold shoulder and he became frustrated that I wasn't talking to him. He would ask the guys if they had known what was wrong with me, but I never told anyone, except Minho. I know Minho wouldn't say anything to him though, I hope anyway. I had been in the medjack hut when Thomas made his visit again. I tried to leave, but he ended up stopping me by blocking the door with his body. His incredible body.

"What's gotten into you?" He asked me, looking down at me as I glanced around the hut, not wanting to look at his face, I shook my head, trying to get out of his grip.

"It's nothing, Thomas. I have to get back to work." I muttered, looking at the ground as I felt his eyes on me.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong." Thomas declared and I sighed, looking up at him, gazing into those beautiful honey brown eyes I loved so much. "Please..." He whispered, rubbing my arm softly with his calloused fingers.

"You practically forgot about me ever since Teresa showed up. I distanced myself to save me from getting hurt." I told him quietly, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. Thomas sighed, dropping his head down before pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist, nuzzling my head into his neck.

"I'm so sorry. I-I didn't mean for you to feel that way, but somehow I know Teresa and I just need to figure out how to get everyone out of this place. To protect you." He muttered the last part lowly, almost not hearing it as my heartbeat sped up, pounding against my ribcage.

"I believe in you, Thomas." I whispered, glancing up at him.

Thomas actually managed to get us out of that hell hole that Gally called home. I couldn't be anymore thankful to him, for saving my life, more than once. We're now in this giant facility that shelters kids from the other mazes, not realizing that there had been more than one. I stayed relatively close to Thomas when we first arrived, getting nutrient shots from the doctors and real food. Thomas, Newt, Minho, Winston, Frypan, and myself were all placed into one room while Teresa apparently needed more tests done on her. Thomas didn't like the idea that they were keeping us from seeing her. Unfortunately, there were only five beds, so I had to share one with Thomas, which I totally didn't mind as long as I can sleep on a real bed.

We all sat in the cafeteria area, eating some food as Thomas stared, seeming to be in thought as I glanced him over. I pressed my lips together, a little upset that he's so worried about her, but since he knew her before the maze I guess it's understandable. He snapped out of his gaze when Janson had begun talking, telling everyone that he's got the list of people that are going to the safe haven they have.

"How did you sleep?" Thomas asked me as I played with my food, glancing up at him, hearing Janson's loud voice read off the names of kids. "Like, we-we're you comfortable?" He asked and I nodded my head, giving him a small smile, taking a bite of my food.