Let's Talk This Out | Mitch Rapp

Mitch Rapp. My best friend, or should I say my former best friend, really. I met him in college in Syracuse. We had been in the same major and he sat down next to me in one of the classes we had together. We became partners for that class and immediately got to know each other. Mitch was an all-american lacrosse player at the college, which I absolutely loved, and we turned out to be best friends in no time. We became super close in the amount of time that we were there, and I swear that we had mutual feelings towards each other, but when he met Katrina, everything changed. Once she was in the picture, he didn't really have time for me anymore, which broke my heart cause I fell in love with the guy, surprise surprise. I called him one day after a traumatic event had happened to me when I was walking home from class.

"Mitch, please. Can't you just come see me for at least half an hour," I begged, tears clouding my vision as I sat in my room, my arm wrapped around my knees, trying not to cry on the phone.

"Y/N, I can't. Katrina and I were going to go out to eat," He mentioned and I scoffed, shaking my head as a few tears slipped down my cheeks, drawing shapes on my skin, trying to get what just happened out of my head.

"So, I can't even come to my best friend when I need someone? When I have no one else? What a great friend you are, Mitch," I muttered, sniffling a bit as I wiped the tears off my cheeks violently. "Oh, well, you should know anyway. I got mugged and they almost took advantage of me, but you know, I'll be fine. Have a nice dinner," I whispered, hanging up the phone before he could say anything. I threw my phone across the room, shattering it as I let out a sob, covering my mouth with my hand.

Mitch had stared down at his phone, frowning at what I had just told him. Katrina came up from behind, wrapping her arms around him, placing a small kiss to his shoulder.

"You okay, babe?" She asked and he snapped out of his thoughts, turning around to face her before nodding his head, muttering incoherent words. "Are you sure?" She took his face in her hands, making him look at her and he nodded his head once more.

"Do you think we could stop by Y/N's house?" He asked and Katrina's face fell, an unreadable emotion on her features as she furrowed her eyebrows together. Mitch cleared his throat, looking down at her. "She just called me and something happened to her. None of my texts are going through, so I just want to check to see if she's alright." She sighed, nodding her head as they left the small apartment.

I sobbed, hiding my face in my knees as I tried to forget what happened an hour earlier. I heard a knock on my door, ignoring it. I didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment, just wanting to escape reality. The knocking had stopped and I thought they had finally left until I heard the door open and shut.

"Y/N?!" A familiar voice yelled out, Mitch, and I sighed, getting up off the floor, making myself slightly more presentable. I walked out of my room, leaning against the wall as I saw him at the end of the hallway, Katrina right behind him.

"What are you doing here, Mitch?" I whispered, looking to the floor and he ran over to me, wrapping me into a hug. I let out a sob, crying into his chest as I gripped his shirt, inhaling his scent.

"I'm so sorry. God, I'm so sorry," he whispered, petting the back of my head and I pulled away from him, not needing his girlfriend to hate me even more than she already does. Mitch frowned, looking down at me as he reached his hand out. I moved away from him.

"You guys should go. You'll miss dinner," I told him, not daring to look up at him. I saw Katrina stand behind him, laying a hand on his arm.

"You heard her, babe. C'mon, we don't want to miss reservations." She fake smiled at me, vice versa, and Mitch looked back at her, muttering something into her ear. She let out a huff, nodding her head. She had left my apartment, Mitch still standing in front of me as I heard the front door close.