Chapter 2

When I told my father that I would be joining he was hesitant at first but he knew there was no hope for me in my pack. He went to my mate and Alpha to inform him of my decisions.

My mate's natural instinct was to protect what was his. His human side did not want me but his wolf knew who I was and wanted me. My first and second request were denied immediately.

My third one I went up to him personally.

"Alpha, I need to speak with you." I spoke as I chased after him down a dirt trail that led onto the training fields.

"What is it, Patience?" He said from over his broad shoulders. His blonde hair flying all over in the wind but he still look handsome.

"Can you at least stop so I can speak with you directly?" I growled out as I picked up speed to get closer to him.

"Just say what you need to say."

"Fine. I am joining the hunting game this year." He stopped abruptly and I slammed right into his hard muscular back.

"Goddess." I mumbled as I took a step back.

"You aren't going." He turned around to look at me with black angry eyes.

I crossed my arms under my chest. "You can't stop me."

"I can and I will. I am your Alpha and I am telling you its a no." He growled out.

"Then I rather you not be my Alpha and I would leave this pack against your wishes forfeiting my right as a pack member earning me a rogue title." I spat back angrily. His shoulders were stiff and his breathing irregular as he was trying to contain his dominating wolf.

"Don't test me, Patience." He gritted out.

"I am not here to ask you for permission. I am here to inform you of my decision." I responded and spun around to go back up the trail to the pack house. I heard him growl behind me and I was suddenly lifted and carried to a secluded area. He pushed me against the tree hard and pinned me with his body.

"This is hard on me, Patience. Every atom in my body screams for you." He said through clenched teeth. My eyes never leaving his dark black ones. "I want you."

My heart fluttered and melted at his words.

"But I love your sister." My heart crushed again for the hundredth time.

"Then let me go." I urged.

His nose trailed from my neck to my jaw and back down.

"You smell amazing. It is a scent that I have come addicted to." He growled out and I felt his lips on my neck. A whimper escaped me not at my own free will. My wolf was clawing to escape to meet her fated mate.

"No." I mumbled and kneed him in the groin. He pulled back immediately bent over in pain. "Kyle, you are my sister's chosen. You sick bastard! You chose her! You have no right to me."

His head slumped and his shoulders droop. I spun on my heels and ran back up the trail and away from him. He didn't come after me.

In the end, he allowed me to but he was angry. My parents dropped me off at the neutral territory and my clueless sister said her good luck to me back at home before I left. I love her because I know she has done everything for me. I couldn't tell her the truth. Kyle wasn't there when I left. I was thankful for that because I don't know how he or I will handle this current situation.

The lines to register was long and a little on the crazy side as they asked us deep personal questions. After they led us to a room where they prepped us on what to do. I can't say I was excited. I think this was barbaric but we are animals. This was what we do.

I was excited but then I was also scared. What if no one wants me? If my own mate could reject me what was to say these males will not want me too?

"Hi!" A voice came to my side. I turned to see a blonde petite girl looking at me. "My name is Tailia."

"Hey." I murmured. "My name is Patience."

"Nervous?" She asked.

I shifted uneasily in my seat. "Yeah. A little."

"You don't have to worry at all. You will be fine. Did you lose a mate or get rejected?" She asked curiously.

"Rejected." I said quietly. Tailia gave me a sympathetic look. One that I have seen too often.

"I'm sorry. I lost mine in a battle." She said quietly and I felt sorry for her. She must have suffered just as much. "It is okay though. It is time to move on for both you and I."

I nodded as one of the workers ordered us to stand and walk through a door while handing us a cloth.

"Put this on and do not take it off. Put your hand out to hold the shoulder of the the one in front of you. Once you exit, you will be led to a clear opening where the game will begin."