Chapter 20

Kyle

After, Beta Roy and Patience's father nailed me down and I saw Kailyn running away from me. Reality began to set back in. My wolf whimpered inside me as he now feels the loss of his destined mate and his chosen. My head was pounding and my veins were pulsing with adrenaline. My body slumped to the ground and I felt Roy's hand relaxed on my back as well as Harold's.

"Are you okay now?" Roy asked. I grunted my response as I was far from okay. I was in constant pain. My heart felt like it was being ripped in two. My soul was torn. It was like walking through hot charcoal bare foot.

They pushed off me and stood close by watching my next move. I moved to kneel, my hands on the ground still and my head bowed.

Patience.

I made a bad decision and it cost me my destined mate. The only one I would have in my life time. I don't know when I started loving her. I didn't even realize it until I lost her. Was it selfish of me to demand her to come back? I know it was. I was stupid for choosing her sister. I knew what I was doing right now was wrong. I knew what I was feeling right now was wrong.

The beast inside of me wanted to rip Titus's throat and mark Patience but the human in me was reasoning for me to not do it. I failed her as a mate. She deserved to find someone who could love her but even the thought of her with another has my skin prickling with hair as my wolf itches to come out.

I knew he didn't do it yet. The mating process hasn't started yet because I haven't felt anything but I could feel my bond with her slowly disappearing. It was terrifying to me.

"Leave." I barked angrily. There was a brief hesitation. "I said fucking leave."

After a moment, their footsteps disappeared and the door closed behind me. I was left alone to wallow in my misery. I was left alone completely. I swallowed the large lump in my throat. My heart ached like a thousand knives were being plunged into it at once. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath. I needed to clear my head. Heading over to my bookshelf, I took out a bottle of mind-numbing alcohol.

Taking off the cap I brought the copper glass bottle to my lips. The burning sensation was welcomed as it crawled down my throat. Plopping back down on my leather chair I closed my eyes and allowed my mind to wander back to Patience.

She was always on my mind even when I told her I chose Kailyn.

She was always there.

I thought back to the day that I first found out she was mine. It was like a blindfold was lifted from my eyes and I saw her for the first time. She was the most beautiful creature and her sister's beauty dulled in comparison. Instantly, I was captivated. This might sound shallow but it was how I felt the minute I found out she was mine. At that moment, I knew I was in trouble.

I wanted her.

It led to me craving for her.

But...

I loved Kailyn. I loved her with all my heart. I loved her before, during, and even now. It was just a different kind of love. The door to my office creaked opened and I turned slightly to see it was Harold. He walked over and sat down in the chair across from my desk. His elbows propped on the arm rest and his hands folded in his lap as he looked at me.

"You are my Alpha. I respect you. I have served your father and your father's father. I believe that your father has raised you to be a wonderful Alpha and I understand the decisions you have made. You have led our pack wonderfully and you are the mirror leadership of your father. This is what I think of you as my Alpha.