Chapter 16

I waited patiently until he was done talking before he sat his phone down and then turned my head towards him. I looked down at him and licked my lips as they suddenly felt dried and my throat feels parched. His finger moved to trace my lips gently and in its wake a small heat tingled on my lips.

"So beautiful." He whispered and then his hand snaked through my hair and pulled me down to meet him halfway as his lips molded perfectly over mine.

I sighed escaped my lips as he sucked on my lips several times before slipping his tongue inside. If I thought his touch was wild fire, his kisses had me burning on the inside and out. The sensation multiplied and I felt myself wrapping my arms around him urging him to continue. My toes curled at the overwhelming sensation and a sound came from the back of my throat.

When he pulled back and started trailing kisses down my jaw line I tilted my head enough to give him access. He growled his excitement as he sees how willing I was as his mate. He was an intoxicating drug and I loved it. Every time I was around him my mind seems to be in a numbing state.

"Titus..."I whispered. He hummed his response as he sucked on his earlier love bite. "The phone please."

He sighed and dropped his forehead onto my shoulder as he reached for his phone and handed it to me.

"You really know how to kill the mood." He mumbled. I couldn't help the smile that came on my face as I dialed the Alpha line. Shortly after, Kailyn picked up.

"Kailyn, this is Patience." I said eagerly. Kailyn squealed on the other end.

"Oh my god, Patience! You called. How are you doing? How is he treating you? Tell me all about it." She went on and I blushed turning the volume down even though I knew either way Titus will hear everything. His hand was naughtily moving up and down my side.

"I'm doing great. It's beautiful here. He is treating me well. I just wanted to call and let you an everyone know I am doing great and made it safely. I wanted to speak to dad. Do you think you can go get him?" I asked.

"Yes. Hold on for a few minutes." She said. I heard some shuffling and noises before the phone went silent. I knew she had left the room. A moment later I heard shuffling and noises again as the phone was being picked up.

"Patience..."Kyle's voice came on the end. He sounded weary. When I didn't answer him he spoke again. "Please talk to me. I need to hear your voice."

Titus's body went rigid as he listened. "Alpha, how are you doing?"

"Please don't say that. Call me Kyle. You use to call me that." He pleaded. His voice was broken.

"I prefer Alpha instead." I replied calmly.

"It's Kyle, please. I miss you, Patience." Titus released a growl and I moved to touch his chest where I began moving my hand up and down his body. Part of it to calm him down but I can't deny that I don't enjoy touching his hard chest.

"You have to stop, Alpha. This has to end. You have my sister. It's actually a good thing you picked up, Alpha. Now that you have my sister and I have Titus I think it is best if you and I make a clean break." I began and Kyle interrupted.

"No. Don't do what I think you are doing." He retorted immediately. "I won't let you do it."

"I, Patience Valek accept your rejection, Alpha Kyle from Greenwood Pack."

And it was like a string that snapped between us. The last of our bond completely letting go and I heard Kyle roaring on the other side of the phone. He was an idiot and my sister deserved better than him.