Chapter 19

Patience

"Mine."

My head whipped towards the voice as shock settled in. Christian's eyes were black as he looked at the blonde woman who just stepped out of the vehicle. Christian's body moved with ease but with determination as he made his way over to the blonde woman who was smirking as she watched Christian walk over to her side.

His hand moved to the back of her head and he placed his forehead on hers as he whispered again, "Mine."

"Yours." She whispered back. Gone the smirk and in its place was a dazed look as she look at Christian.

"Hold on." The male who was still holding to a struggling Kailyn, frowned as he looked at what just happened. "No, not my beta."

Christian released a growl and his eyes darted to the male, observing if he was challenging him for his mate.

"She's my Beta. If I lose her, I would have to find a replacement."

"You make it seem like it is the hardest thing ever." Titus's voice was a lot closer now to me. I felt his heat radiating through my back.

The male turned towards Titus as he grounded out. "Of course it is hard to find a replacement. The one you chose for you is the best. I did the same."

"She's mine!" Christian roared.

"Let me go!" Kailyn's hand came up to grab at his hand that was wrapped around her wrist as she tried to pry his fingers away.

My attention again diverted, I moved to my sister but Titus's hand came out to place on my shoulder, pulling me flush against his chest as he wrapped an arm around my front to keep me from moving further. I turned to him.

"He has my sister."

"He is Alpha Micah, your sister's mate. He will not harm her." Titus said lowly and I turned back to Kailyn who was looking at me pleadingly. This was a mess.

"Alpha Micah, if you would so kindly release my sister, I can assure you she will not run." I tried to reason with him. He narrowed his eyes on me to see if he can get some kind of read out of me. When he saw I was being honest, he nodded and released my sister, who came flying to my side.

"He's crazy!" Kailyn snapped angrily as she wrapped her hand around her wrist to ease the pain of his grip.

"Just don't run, mate." He chided as he walked over to us with the tall lanky man standing next to him. He turned to Titus. "Is there anywhere where we can talk?"

Titus nodded before he left he glanced down at me briefly before squeezing my body with his arm and then releasing me. After they left, Christian and his mate walked up to us. He was grinning.

"Patience, this is Beta Emily." He introduced and I gave her a smile.

She looked at me curiously before smiling and moving into hug me. I did not expect that. She looked bubbly and carefree, the total opposite of Christian. I wonder how he will handle his mate. I was almost confident that he would have his hands full with her.

"It is so nice to meet you. Everyone around here has heard about your arrival. Alpha Titus is pretty famous with the females around here, being mateless and all. No females have ever gotten his attention until you." She said. "I can see why he picked you. You are absolutely stunning just like your sister."

I laughed softly, "Thank you."

After some talk, Christian and Emily left to go spend time together. Kailyn turned towards me and hugged me tightly. After our hug I pulled her back and led her back upstairs to my room. I didn't know where else to take her. If I even try I think her and I will end up in a supply closet.