Chapter 11

We drove for several hours in the vehicle until we reached a hidden gravel road where we turned. I turned to look as we entered deeper into the woods. My wolf eyes caught movements and blurs of wolf forms zipping through the trees. Curious now, I looked a little closer and around that blur body to see more running through the forest.

"Patrols." Titus whispered next to me.

"They don't know that it is us?" I asked.

"Yes they do. A few of them are following us back while the other watched the border." He replied. I nodded my understanding and watch the bodies zip quickly through the trees.

It took us a while before we reached a clearing and a huge home built with only wood but it was beautifully built. Titus got out of the vehicle first and I followed quietly behind him. The pack began walking out of the pack house when they saw us coming. Out of the crowd a tall black man came walking out with a smile on his face as he looked at Titus.

"Alpha." He said.

"How was everything while I was gone?" Titus asked. I stood behind him staring at his back.

"Not much happened while you were gone. Border patrol didn't report back any lurking of rogues at the edge of our territory." The man said. I stepped out slightly from behind Titus. His eyes darted to me immediately and surprise was clear on his face.

"Who is that?" He asked pointing at me. Titus as if he just remembered I was behind him turned around to place an arm protectively around my shoulders.

"This is Patience. She is my chosen." He announced loud enough for everyone. "Patience this is Christian, my Beta."

Christian's eyes grew in surprised as he looked at me carefully before he gave me a smile. "This is a little unbelievable. Sorry for my reaction. I never thought that Titus will finally pick a chosen. You come as a surprise, I think, to us all."

"I hope it is a good surprise not a bad one." I replied back.

He chuckled. "Oh it is a good surprise. It is nice to meet you, Luna."

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw a red head woman who was staring at us with hurt in her eyes. I tilted my head slightly and thought that maybe she was upset with Christian or she was Christian's mate. Titus and Christian saw my momentarily distraction and also turned to see the red head. When she caught us looking at her, she turned around and disappeared into the crowd.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"That is-"Christian began only to be stopped by Titus.

"That is nobody you should concern yourself with." He said and I frowned even more.

"But if she is a pack member, I should be concerned. She-"I started but interrupted by him when he threw me a death glare. I pursed my lips in anger and turned away from him. I didn't want to argue with him in front of the pack. I was going to let this go for now.

He sighed and I saw him run his hand through his thick black hair before he turned to Noor. "Can you take Patience up to my room? I have to speak with Christian."

I curled my hand into a fist to contain my raging anger that was boiling inside of me quickly. Why was he acting this way? We are mates. He should be excited and introduce me to everyone. Shouldn't there be any celebration tonight? Instead, he asked Noor to take me upstairs.

"Is Noor my mate then?" I gritted out.

He turned to me and his eyes turned black. I didn't step down. I don't know where this newfound confidence came from but I moved to grab Noor's arm and practically dragged him up to the pack house. We made it inside the house and up the steps before I turned to him looking a little uncertain.

He chuckled when he saw my expression. "You have no clue where to go do you?"

"No." I murmured.

"Patience!" Titus roared from behind me. I turned slightly to see him coming into the pack house. I grabbed Noor's arm and ran as fast as I can up the steps only for him to run up after me and in one swift movement removed Noor from my grip and sending him flying down a couple of steps until he straightened himself. I turned around to glare at him as I gritted my teeth.

"What?" I asked. "I was only doing what you asked."

His eyes were still dark as the night as he looked down at me. His chest was rising up and down as he was trying to fight for control.

"Don't." He simply said. I sighed and moved my hand to touch his chest. The heated tingles vibrated immediately through us and Titus's closed his eyes and his breathing returned to normal. When he opened back up his eyes they were his normal icy blue color.

"Better?" I asked and he only continued to stare down at me. "Now that you have calmed down I am going to take Noor and we will be going upstairs to our bedroom as you asked."

His eyes flashed back to black. I saw the clench of his jaw and the rigidness of his shoulders. I sighed. Why was he mad now?

"I'll take you to our bedroom." He said lowly as he grabbed a hold of my wrist and pulled us up the stairs. I turned to look at Noor who was shaking his head with a grin on his face as he looked up at us.

He took me up several flights up stairs until we made it on the floor that only had one door. He walked me to it and opened the door. When we walked inside, it was beautiful and big. The bedroom of course big walls but the bed was a king size bed. A TV set to the right of the bedroom with a couch and a small beautiful carved fireplace to the left.

I felt Titus come up behind me and placed his hand on my shoulders. His face moved to the crook of my neck where my pulse beats as he placed a soft kiss on that spot and I couldn't help the tremble than ran through my body in response. I could feel his soft lips trailing up the side of my neck and I tilted my head to give him better access.

"Patience." He said and I couldn't help but love the way he says it in his French accent. "How you try mine, mate."

I bit my lip and noticed that my eyelids has droop on their own unable to stop the feeling inside of me. It was like he had placed me under a drug and numbed my mind. He turned me around and his hand trailed from my arm up to my cheek where he cupped it.

"Look at me." He demanded softly and my eyes fluttered opened to look up at his. How can anything icy blue look so heated? My chest was rising fast and my heart rate was skyrocketing as I silently begged for him to kiss me and as if he knew what I wanted his lips descended down on mine where he lightly sucked on my lower lip. It was heaven.

When he pulled back just enough so that I can see his eyes but still feel his breath on my lips he spoke again, "There is just something about you, Patience. It pulls me like nothing I have felt before."

I know...I know exactly what he means because it was exactly how I felt with him. So addictive....so beautiful...