Chapter 7

I could feel the tension in the air. My parents shifted around uneasily and the power play between the two Alphas was evident. I shifted a little to my right to see what was going on with Kyle and Titus only to have the warriors from Titus's pack flank me on my sides and back. I was completely enclosed in.

"She is not your mate." Kyle said through clenched teeth. I stood on my tiptoes and when I couldn't see what was going on. I huffed and crossed my arms underneath me. I felt Titus's shoulder tensed and his hands curled into fist before he lifted his arms and crossed them in front of his chest.

"She is mine." Titus growled out. The power radiating off from him was coming in waves.

"She is right here." I mumbled from behind Titus and I heard snickering from next to me. I turned to see that it was one of the warriors with Titus's pack. He had a power aura around him too but not as strong as Titus.

"Release her." Kyle commanded his voice deathly low. "And leave my territory."

"We will leave your territory with her along with us." Titus replied back just as angry.

"Patience!" Kyle roared my name.

"Ok, how about let's calm down for a second." My dad spoke finally.

"She's mine!" Titus roared back and my dad shut up as we felt a dangerous wave of Alpha power radiate through the air.

I placed my hand on Titus's back and immediately I felt his body relaxed. The tingling feeling I had felt with him returning the minute I touched him. Momentarily distracted by the feel of his muscular back I stared with awe. It was like touching a rock. I heard a growl in front of me and cursed Titus's huge back that I was just admiring earlier.

"Titus, can you please move so I can see?" I asked.

"No." He replied immediately and angrily.

"Well I need to see what is going on." I said.

"No you don't." He replied. "We are leaving."

"You aren't taking her anywhere." Kyle's voice shook and I knew he was close to losing control.

"Kyle, what is wrong with you? That is my sister and she wants to go with her chosen." Kailyn reasoned. She has no idea what the hell was going on.

"Kailyn, I have my reasons." Kyle angrily spoke out and I heard Kailyn huffing before she fell silent again.

Titus moved his stance by spreading his feet and uncrossing his arms. His warriors did the same. It was clear they knew they were going to have a tough time leaving.

"Titus, let me talk to my Alpha." I reasoned.

"Over my dead body, Patience." Titus muttered.

"Please, Titus. I promise everything will be fine." I said and ran my hand up and down his back to help ease the tension in his body as well as used as a mechanism to allowing me to talk to Kyle. After a while, Titus huffed in annoyance and turned towards me.

He placed a hand at the back of my head like how often mates do in a sign of equality and protection as he placed his forehead against mine. His blue eyes were piercing through mine. "I give you five minutes and if after five minutes I don't see you returning. I am coming after you, mate. Five minutes, Patience. I mean it."

I nodded and he shifted a little to allow me to come out from the tight circle of male bodies. When I came out, Kyle's eyes immediately came to me and looked me over. I walked up to him.

"Can I speak to you alone, Alpha?" I asked. He nodded and turned on his feet to go inside the pack house. I followed behind him until we were in his study where the walls were sound proof. When we were inside he turned around to look at me. His eyes black with anger and jealousy.

"You will not leave me!" He roared. "I will not lose you!"

I swallowed hard as I felt my heart ripping apart. He was my destined but he was not being fair. "You made your choice, Kyle. I am not yours any more. It is time we go our separate ways. I deserve my happiness as you have already found yours."

He marched over to me and cupped my left cheek in his hand and the other on my shoulder. He looked down at me. "I can still change this. I can make this work between us. Please, don't leave me."

I looked up into his eyes that have turned back to his color. For a moment I closed my eyes and relished in the bond of my destined mate before my hand came up to place behind his hand and slowly I removed it away from my face.

"It's too late." I whispered and my wolf howled sorrowfully. We both knew we have to leave. We cannot stay for him. He has picked his chosen and my sister will be so heartbroken if she found out. This has to stay hidden and never to be discovered.

He shook his head. His eyes warped into pain as he watched me in desperation. "I can't lose you, Patience. I thought it was the right thing to do. When I was with your sister, I was okay with having you close by because at least I knew you were safe but now I feel like my soul is ripping into two. I don't think I can go a day without seeing you."

He swallowed hard and I watched the apple in his throat bobbed up and down before my eyes flitted back up to his and then he spoke again, "We can still be together."

"You are my brother in law now. You mated my sister. You even marked her. I felt it—every single night." I said softly. "This is so wrong on so many levels. It can never work out for us."

I turned to leave but his arms came out and wrapped around me tightly. He pulled me close to his chest as he hid his face in the crook of my neck. I felt wetness on my shoulders and his body shaking.

"Patience..." His voice broke. "Please, give me a month. Don't leave me yet. Give me a month to work something out. I want you. I need you."

Author's Note:

What do you think? Do you hate Kyle for what he did? Who is team Titus and who is team Kyle?!

-Noodles