Chapter 14

"Can I speak with you privately?" She asked.

A part of me told me no but a part of me was curious as to who she was. I nodded and followed her down the hall to a private area not far from the dining room but far enough to not be heard. She turned around once we reached the end of the hall.

"Do you know who I am? Did he tell you who I am?" She asked.

I shook my head. "No."

She sighed and her face looked upset and sad. She began sobbing and I stood there staring at her not knowing what to do. She hiccupped and then threw her arms around me.

"I love him. I am so sorry. I know you are going to be the Luna and I shouldn't say this to you but I feel like I have to. You have to know who I am." She cried and wiped her tears.

My soul shriveled a little and my I felt something inside of my chipped away. I don't want to hear what she had to say. I didn't know what I was doing until I shook my head. She looked up at me confused and I cleared my throat.

"Who are you?" I croakily asked feeling the dryness in my throat.

"My name is Amelia. I am his true mate." She whispered back and my soul died.

"If you are his true mate then why isn't he mated to you?" I asked finding myself curious. I want to doubt this as much as possible because I knew the bond between him and I was strengthening in a rapid pace. It was like a fast angry current that can never be controlled.

"He doesn't want me. He wants someone of his choosing." She whimpered her eyes red from all the crying.

"Did he reject you?" I asked.

She looked at me confused again before she spoke, "Yes."

There must be a reason why. There has to be. No wolf would ever reject their true mate if they were sane in their head but my head flitted back to Kyle. He was sane but he still rejected me. He wanted someone else. He wanted Kailyn.

"Why?" I asked.

"He says I am not fitted to be a Luna. I told him I would try my hardest to be the best mate he could have. He said I was flawed and ugly. I can't stand next to him." She sobbed harder. My heart went out to her but at the same time there was a gut feeling inside of me that told me to not go hopping around pointing fingers yet.

"Patience." A hard voice from behind me spoke. I whipped around to see Noor looking at us. His eyes glanced behind me to look at Amelia and I have never seen such cold eyes from him before. It was a scary.

"Noor, what is it?" I asked.

"Alpha sent me to come get you. You were gone too long." He said.

I glanced back at Amelia who looked at me pleadingly. I turned back to Noor who was waiting patiently and the way his hand tightened into a fist I was sure he wasn't going to leave here without me. I sighed and turned back to Amelia.

"I am sorry. Let me think this through." I whispered gently and then turned to walk back to Noor. When I was at his side he waited until I walked forward before following me. I did not miss the glare he sent Amelia.

"Why are you looking at her like that?" I asked him.

"It is not my place to tell you, Patience." He spoke angrily. "But I would tell you this, stay away from her."

This irked me even more. Why was there so much mystery? It felt like I was walking through a dense fog and would never find my way out. Did what Amelia say have any truth? Was Titus a bad mate? I have so many questions.