Chapter 10

When Titus pulled back from the kiss, I looked into his stormy blue eyes that were staring down at me intensely. His eyes were roaming my face as if he was memorizing everything to heart. His hand came up to cup both of my cheeks and pulling me closer so that our noses were touching.

"You are so beautiful, Patience." He whispered huskily. The smell of him, his touch, and his words has my stomach all filled with crazy butterflies and my knees feeling weak.

"You are too." I whispered and the corner of his mouth lifted into a smirk.

"Alpha." A voice and a knock came from the other side of the door. We both turned to look at it before I stepped back from his embrace only for him to pull me back into his arms.

"What is it?" He asked still looking down at me.

"We are landing in ten minutes." He informed us. Titus answered him back and then wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"Let's get you seated." He said and walked me out the door into the seat next to him where he made sure to strap in my belt.

I looked at the group of warriors and when Titus saw me watching them he spoke pointing the one to the right. "This is Gamma Noor, Aaron, Richie, Frank, Gerald, and Tom. My Beta is not with me. He is at home watching the pack while we left for the game."

"Everyone will be excited." Noor spoke as he looked at me with amusement.

"Why?" I asked.

"We finally got ourselves a Luna." He said excitedly.

That reminds me, I still haven't found out what happened to Titus's mate. The thought of it brought a sickening jealous feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"It is gratifying to meet our Luna first before everyone else." Frank who looked a tad older than everyone spoke next.

"Every year he goes to the hunting game and comes back empty handed." Tom who had blonde hair with what seems like a broken nose as it looks crooked but he gave me the cutest grin that I couldn't help but smile back. He was much younger than everyone else. Titus saw my attention on Tom a little longer than needed so he effectively threw a glare at Tom who turned away.

I leaned into Titus as I whispered low, "Will you stop being so possessive?"

He pulled back and spoke loudly, "You aren't marked. That means any male can still mark you. It is natural for my wolf to feel possessive over you. I can't stop-"

"Ok." I quickly butt in as I felt heat crawl up on my cheeks. He placed two fingers under my chin and pulled me towards him again.

"I will try not to be possessive but it is in my nature. I am an Alpha and I am extremely protective of my mate and what is mine." He said and everyone nodded their response from the corner of their eyes as they approved their Alpha's admission.

"We are also very protective of you. You are our Luna. We will protect you with our life." Noor confirmed.

I feel like I was learning something new for the first time regarding mates. Was this why Kyle was feeling the need to keep me close to him? Thinking about him again and what had happened made me feel upset. Strangely, now that I am away from Kyle, the bond that I feel from him seemed weaker than normal. I can still feel him but not as much anymore.

It seemed my bond with Titus has become stronger like a glowing string that was brighter than the other. I couldn't explain it but I felt the pull more towards Titus, now that I was away from Kyle.

Moments later I felt the plane preparing for landing. When it landed and the engine was shut off, we unbuckled and stood up to go to the side door which it flew opened and stems led down to the ground were extended.

"Welcome to Paris, mate." Titus murmured as he walked up to my side, dipping his head low to my ear.

"Does the whole pack live in Paris?" I asked clearly confused. Usually, werewolves are hidden from the human eyes and society. We like to keep to ourselves. He shook his head.

"We don't live in Paris. Our pack resides in on the countryside a few hours from here." He said and I nodded my head in response.

He spoke to some people in French and Noor moved to join in on the conversation before Titus nodded his head and moved towards me where he placed a hand on my back and led me to the car where the other warriors were waiting.

I settled into the side of the car as Titus sat next to me, his thighs touching mine. Noor hopped into the passenger seat as Frank was the driver. Tom sat next to Titus and Gerald next to Tom. We were so close to each other because these men were giants. I felt squished. I moved myself closer to the window only to have Titus shifted closer to me. I looked up at him and although he wasn't looking down at me, his smirk told me exactly what he was doing.

Titus was imprinting on me as much as he can with his thighs touching every inch of my thigh and his hip touching every inch of my hip all the way up to my shoulders. I sighed and turned to look out the window.

As we passed the city by, my eyes looked around at how beautiful Paris is. In the pictures and books, it was a mirror of it all. Everything was beautiful. I couldn't stop looking and when I saw the Eiffel tower fo a brief moment I turned around and touched Titus's hand.

"Look! It's beautiful!" I said breathlessly. "I want to see it one day."

He smiled down at me sincerely and then spoke, "If you would like, after we settle down, meet the pack and perform our mating ceremony, I can take you back here."

My smile slipped from my face. I have to meet his pack. What if they don't like me? What if they see me as not a fitting Luna?

His eyebrows furrowed with concerns, "What's wrong?"

"What if they don't like me?" I asked.

He gave me a gentle smile, "You don't have to worry at all. They will like you."

I saw from the corner of my eyes Noor looking up at the rearview mirror with worry and uncertainty. Why did Noor's expression dictate what Titus just said? I felt a knot form in my stomach as I gave Titus an uneasy smile.