Chapter 4

I hopped around the high grass in attempt to catch a bird that was toying with me as it flew from one area to another. A growl escaped my lips as I went down on the ground in attempt to sneak attack it. After the bird landed on a fallen log on the ground and began chirping. I hid behind the tall grass peeking at it and when the bird turned its back on me I launched myself at it only for it to fly away. I huffed and barked at it in annoyance before trotting away.

I walked a few steps before my ears perked up. Every part of my body told me to run. I burst into a run and it was then I heard the sound of paws hitting the ground and quickly catching up. Oh no. I totally forgot about the game! Goddess, Patience.

I turned my head slightly back to see a brown wolf chasing after me. I quickened my pace and merged out from the tall grass into the woods. I didn't know where I was going but only that I needed to run. I thought I might've lost the brown wolf but there was no such luck. It was still trailing after me with a look of determination on his face as it was getting closer to me.

When he was close enough I heard him growl as he was about to pounce me and I dodged to the left, surprising him. He fell to the ground before getting up. I stopped and turned to look at him. He looked furious that I tricked him. At that moment, I heard another fierce growl from my left that has my wolf ears flattening in submission. I turned to see a tall black wolf approaching us. His stance erect, teeth bared, his ears and tail high to make known his dominance.

Ok, if I said I was afraid of the brown wolf. I was more afraid of this big black wolf. He was huge. His piercing blue eyes were staring at me before turning towards the brown wolf who was trying to fight off the growl command that the big black wolf did.

The brown wolf looked at me indecisively and the black wolf did not like it. His fierce growl came loud and clear before I saw the black wolf launching at the brown wolf biting him around his neck. Instinct pulled in and I whipped around and broke into another run. Whatever they wanted to do, they can do it without me.

I ran not even a 100 yards when I was pounced to the ground. My belly hit the ground and my legs went down. I growled my irritation and tried to snap my jaw at who tried to stop me. I thought I heard the wolf behind me giving me what was a wolf laugh. I struggled to get away from him but he clamped his jaw down at the back of my neck like we would do to little pups. My struggles were futile. I huffed and slumped on the ground as he released me enough for me for him to get off a little. I heard faint rustling until I heard him.

"Shift." He commanded and I found my body responding without me allowing it. I shifted right under him. How was he doing this? I have no clue. When I was completely naked in front of him I curled into a weird fetal position.

My eyes flew opened to see a tall obsidian hair male with those familiar piercing blue eyes looking at me with clear desires in his eyes. My eyes roamed his body with no shame until I got to where he has his shorts on. He must've put them on when I was laying on the ground. Overall, I have concluded that he was tall, muscular built, and dangerous looking. I swallowed hard.

He went back down until he was hovering hovering over my body. His nose trailing up my arm to the crook of my neck.

"Mine." He whispered and that prominent accent broke through my embarrassment. He was that male from earlier.

"Can I at least get a shirt?" I whispered and my cheeks heated up.

A low rumble developed in his chest and I knew it all too well. It was him liking what he sees and expressing it in an animal way.

"Say it, ma cherie." He whispered huskily. His hand snaking around my waist and lifting me onto his lap where he continued to nuzzled my neck.

"Say what?" I asked and he chuckled before he nipped at my ear playfully for my forgetfulness.

"Say you're mine." He repeated. His scent wrapped around me and I found myself nuzzling closer to his body, enjoying this new weird tingling feeling running between our bodies.

"How are you doing this?" I asked. "You were able to make me shift and only my Alpha could."

I felt him grin against my neck as he said huskily, "It seems your wolf has found herself a new Alpha and mate."

My heart skipped a beat with excitement as I processed the information he just gave me. Was what he said really true? Did my wolf switched allegiance without me knowing? In my guts, I could feel it though. The connection I had with this male was undeniably strong not as strong as with Kyle but strong enough for me to recognize it was just as close.

"What is your name?" He asked.

"Patience." I answered.

"Beautiful name." He said gently and then his hand came out to turn my chin towards his. If I thought his eyes were piercing blue, now up close it looks like I was looking into the sky as his orbs had hints of cloudy white in it mixed with blue. They were captivating.

"You're mine, Patience." He said as he looked at me, his eyes never leaving mine.