Chapter 5

"You're mine, Patience."

It felt like an out of body experience. I couldn't control my own actions or my responses. It was like he put me under a spell. He wasn't perfect but his imperfection was what made him intriguing beautiful. The old scar that ran from under his left eyes to his jaw made him look dangerous. The way his mouth was shaped can make a female fantasized what he can do with it.

His eyes darkened and he let out a growl as he lifted his nose in the air to inhale. The hormones I was releasing as I found him attractive and capable of being my mate. This was one thing I couldn't hide.

"There are many things I would enjoy doing right now to you but I need to get you back before any other male decide to have another go at you. I need you safe." He said his voice a tad lower than earlier.

He lifted us up to standing in little effort and then bent down to grab a dark red shirt to slip over my head marking me as his and taken.

"Get on my back." He ordered as he walked in front of me. This was also a natural thing. His wolf and him were already wanting to pamper us. I propped my hand on my waist and shook my head.

He growled his impatience as he grabbed my hand and wrapped them around his neck and then his hands slipping under my thighs to carry me. I had no choice but to wrap my legs around him.

"So we are going back to start line?" I asked.

"Yes." He said simply and burst into a run as we zoom through the woods at a fast speed. Everything was a blur around us.

"What happened to the other male?" I asked moving my lips closer to his ear. He turned slightly acknowledging he heard me before turning away.

"I killed him."

My body stiffened at his cold indifference. He tightened his grip around my thighs as if I might just jump off him and run away.

"This is the hunting game, Patience. Males are hunting for their new mates. It is held once a year and because the male population is more in our world, the competition and male testosterone is higher at this time. Males get ruthless and more feral. Everyone is desperate for a mate. You weren't going to be safe and I eliminated the threat." He said casually.

Well if he put it that way I guess that make sense.

"Plus the male was going to mark you on spot even if you approve or not." His voice hardened. Then he sighed, "Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point(The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.). You are mine. I will protect you with all I have."

What did he just say? His French was so smooth even if he was yelling at me I would think its beautiful. He sounds wonderful with that low masculine voice of his. I propped my chin on her shoulder and watched ahead as we broke to the clearing where many other wolves had made it with their mates a grin on their face.

He took me up to door that we came in from before placing my feet on the ground. He was so tall I reached his shoulders. His hand came out smooth to back my hair from my face.

"I will come for you soon." He whispered and then leaned down to kiss me on the lips. His kiss made my toes curl and my hand clutching at his shirt as he gently pulled my lower lip into his. When he pulled back He looked at me with hooded eyes.

"Wait...what is your name?" I asked stupidly.

"Titus. Now go. I will come for you soon, Patience." He ordered gently turning me around to go back inside the door to my parents who were waiting for me.

I had to go back home and after the game he will come for me. What I forgot to tell him was that my mate was still alive and that he was my Alpha. I am sure everything will go fine. Kyle had already marked my sister in front of all of us. He has picked his chosen.

I met my parents who were waiting outside nervously. I walked over to them in a daze and when they saw my color shirt their eyes widened.

"You have been claimed." My dad spoked. "By an Alpha."

The color shirts revealed who you are claimed by. Red was Alpha; blue was Beta; green was Gamma; orange for low ranks. I nodded and bit my lips nervously. My dad nodded.

"What is done is done." He said and ushered me into the car where he handed me a pair of pants to put on.

When we arrived home, Kyle was waiting for us outside the pack house. My sister stood next to him as they waited for us. My parents got out of the car and when I followed suit his eyes moved to me immediately as he saw my color shirt. He sniffed the air and then his eyes came back to me. His lips pursing into an almost snarl as he smelt another male on me.

"How did it go?" My sister Kailyn asked.