Chapter Seven

Thank you so much for this beautiful banner Nirvanna_Ida I very much appreciate it!

Send in your banners for a special mention to my email! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1928

~Alaya

"You've made a mistake."

The woman behind the desk sighed, dragging her eyes away from her computer to finally look up at me. I've been insistently tapping her service bell for attention, which she didn't seem bothered to supply.

"We don't make mistakes," she replies fanatically, clearly trying to get me to turn and leave her office.

This is what I get for coming to an information centre for help. My invitation is a mistake, and I've come to clear I up here, with people who directly work for Alpha Asher. At least they say they are. If Asher can handle this woman, then he must be extremely patient.

"Look," my eyes draw down to her name tag pinned to her neatly ironed teal shirt, "Miss Bell, but I never applied for invitation, which makes this invalid."

Her eyes watch the paper as I slide it across her desk, stopping it by her keyboard. She picks it up with delicate fingers, assessing the paper silently. While she does, I can't take my eyes off her crystal looking nails that gleam lavishly under her lamp light. She surely has a hefty paycheck, that's for sure.

"Your name?"

"Alaya Thorne," I reply.

She makes an affirming noise in her throat as she holds the invitation back to me. I refuse to take it, matching her cool gaze. Her jaw ticks, before she places it down and turns toward her keyboard, those long nails clicking furiously against the keys.

"This invitation has clearly been addressed to you. If this is a joke-"

"It's not," I growl. "I never applied. I went last year."

She raises a trimmed eyebrow at me, before she resumes her typing. I assume she's looking through those who applied, that were selected. Miss Bell will not be very happy when she finds out I was telling the truth the entire time, and don't actually deserve to go to the party tonight.

"I see you never actually applied," she says after a while, and then her eyes widen slightly. "You say your name is Alaya Thorne."

"Yes. Says it on my invitation too-"

She cuts me off as she swings back on her chair, standing to walk through a back door and disappear. My eyes roll in irritation as I lean against her desk. I don't want to go to this party. If I did, I would have applied.

She's comes back, looking paler than before.

"It seems you had higher authorisation to go. Congratulations!"

My eyebrows crease in confusion. Higher authorisation? If I'm correct in knowing what that means, then someone who is actually close to Asher wants me to go. Which makes little sense since all I remember was dancing, then I probably fell asleep in a bathroom or something.

"No," I dismiss, pushing back on the invitation she kept trying to slide back to me. "You have to explain to me who authorised that."

"I can't-"

"Please," I insist. "It's not as if I'm going."

Miss Bell glances around, looking to her coworkers who were serving other clients. It's busy, since today is the party. Most people are here begging for an invitation, which probably explains Miss Bell's lack of patience.