Chapter Thirty Two

This banner is beautiful! Thank you so much to -darkrosess my Wattpad twin! Thank you (:

My email is open if you would like to send your banners for Asher in! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1865

~Alaya

My emotions are all over the place, as I follow Sinful down the hallway.

What if I don't really want to get my memories back like this? What if Shanae said something to me that will completely change my life, or that is a complete lie? All these questions fight to find place in my mind. No, I need to find out what happened that night, that was so important for her to take my memories away with that stupid drink.

Sinful doesn't give any information away, as he motions for me to sit down. We are in his quarters again, safely away from a brooding Asher, who is doing who knows what right now.

"Are you sure you want this memory back?" He asks, misty grey eyes slightly wary.

I nod despite myself. "Yes, otherwise it's going to irritate me."

He chuckles, in a "I know" kind of manner, while he sits down on his chaise lounge. I take a seat next to him, curious to see if this will be anything like what Asher did to me. Not quite, it seems, as he grabs my hand, looking at a spot on the ground in concentration. I watch curiously, until a blinding light fills my eyes.

The only thing I can see in my vision is the azure blue eyes of Shanae. I can hear her voice in my ears, like an annoying ringing sound I can't escape from. All her words from that night are coming back to me.

"Don't you want to know why he's so distant from you, so cold? Because I've known him for awhile, and he's charming and warm with others...but not you."

"You brat, I try be kind to you, and you treat me like this?"

"Good luck waking up tomorrow and forgetting the fact that Asher is your mate."

I feel myself grab onto someone as a wave of nausea flows over me. Sinful. He's holding my arms, while I sway, shaking myself out of the vision that stains my vision. Sinful looks concerned, although I can tell he knows exactly what I saw. He knew it. He had to.

Stumbling to my feet, Shanae's words ringing in my head. Asher is your mate.

"You knew," I seethe, not even having to ask him. He slept with me, then decided he wanted to give me my memories back. Right now, I've never wanted to kill someone so bad.

Sinful remains seated, watching me under his fringe of dark hair. Now the sympathy has vanished, as he realises I'm not at all wasting my time with dwelling on the thought of Asher being my mate. That idea is still yet to hit me full force, and when it does, I'll deal with it.

Right now, I need to deal with Sinful.

"It's not like that," he says carefully, although I hear the uneasiness in his voice. "It's hard to explain."

I'm seeing red, that must be it. Sinful just sits there, so calm and indifferent about this situation. It's beyond frustrating. Maybe it's the blush that has consumed my entire body, as I remember what we did last night, when he knew the entire time my mate was in the building.