Chapter Fofty

Thank you so much for this awesome banner @rifda_shk (not sure why it's not letting me tag you stupid Wattpad) much appreciated!

Word Count: 1694

*Mature Content*

~Alaya

Every thought in my mind is propelled backwards into a span of nothingness.

I only really read about what happens between mates when they touch. Growing up in the Desire Pack, we grew up thinking the mate bond was a tie down. Everyone thought having a mate was no fun, and that once you found your significant other, your life would only get more boring.

But with my lips on Asher's, I know that's not true.

The moment my back touches the couch, and Asher looms over me, my mind begins to race. He has pulled away, looking down at me with a blazing golden gaze that could brand me more permanently than the mark on my neck, and a smile taunting, I feel naked already.

Maybe being in position feels so good only because Asher's an Alpha. That feels stupid to think, considering how little I've seen of him commanding his Pack. Lying here on the couch is like this because my mate is desirable. Because...he's my mate.

"You're overthinking?" he asks, bending down over me, having one arm to keep himself up, while the other remains on my hip, as if asking for permission to move anywhere.

I frown. "How do you know I over think?"

Asher chuckles, his head moving into the crest of my neck. "You ask as if it isn't obvious."

I can't help but smile at that. Asher seems to be able to read me like a book, while I'm still trying to figure him out. Slowly, I think I am getting better. Either that, or he shows his playful, lust drunk side a lot more passionately than his other emotions.

He seems to moving methodically, from the feeling of his lips on my neck, to his hand slowly sliding under my shirt to my stomach. All I can do is lie still, unsure of what to do. I hate myself for comparing him, but to Sinful, this is completely different. With Sinful, I was hardly thinking, wanting to get back at someone. I just don't know who.

In this situation, I'm completely left entranced by the mate bond.

"We probably should take this-"

My ability to pose my question is stolen away as Asher's lips meet mine. I have no other choice, my body betraying me as respond to his kiss with as much vigor, hardly thinking about what it might lead to. Having Asher pinned down with me, finally responding to something I'm giving him is making me happy enough. I feel greedy asking for more, but that doesn't stop me.

As his hand begins to lift my shirt up, I know what's about to happen. I allow him to do so, even reciprocating it, throwing his shirt somewhere in the room.

I'm not sure why I'm so desperate for this to happen now. Here, all my emotions are back in check, heightened slightly, from where they were dampened in the immortal lands. It's like a slap in the face, that has somehow jerked me into motion again.

As he concentrates his attention on the mark he left on my neck, my mouth decides to open. "What's going to happened after this? I'm kinda hungry..."