Chapter Twenty

Ohh I like this banner very much, thank you Beatrix1712 for sending this in for me (:

If you would like to send your banners for Asher in, my email is open! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1905

~Alaya

I'm not sure how to feel about Sinful.

When I look at him, I feel a mixture of emotions, each one swirling around my mind that can't come to a conclusion on what to feel. Warnings ring loudly in the back of my mind, as I remember everything Asher, Aspen and Fate had told me. Yet I don't see it. I know that is part of his manipulation, but it is as if all my fear expels into the air, and I feel nothing but comfortable around him.

If anything, it's Asher who is making me more nervous as he stares me down, waiting for me to react to Sinful. I'm meant to be scared.

So I flinch away from him, appearing visibly stressed by the sight of him. Any mortal would be with those lavender coloured eyes that are oddly expressive. He looks genuinely worried about me as I sit here, dress bunched around my legs in completely disarray.

"You don't have to fear me, I won't hurt you," He assures me.

Glancing at Asher, he gives nothing away. He just stands beside Sinful, looking down at me as if he hasn't met me until now. He's almost too good at this...

"What's your name?" Sinful asks, trying to prompt me to say something. At this point I'm too busy looking behind him. We are in a baronial room with a high ceiling and massive windows that really are quite useless. It's not as if it's ever day here. Instead, glittering lights take over that job, their beams covering the carpeted floor I kneel on in a variety of colours.

"Alaya," I say carefully, staring at the hand he offers warily. The carpet is delicately soft under me which I'm not used to. I think I will stay down there, and not touch him.

When he sees my intent, he draws his hand away. "Beautiful name. Would you like to share you story?"

Asher gives me a subtle sharp nod when I look at him. It's not just giving me permission, but it's a stern reminder of the backstory we have been rehearsing. Before I say a word, I stand up, purposefully without Sinful's help, my heels shaking slightly as I do so. Both males watch me silently, waiting for a word out of my mouth.

"I was brought to the immortal lands a year ago. I met someone here, that I thought loved me, yet he finds out I'm mortal and sends me off to fend for myself. I don't know how I managed to get to your territory from Destiny's but I did," I say, the shakiness in my voice not apart of my acting at all.

Sinful looks sympathetic. That's what I have noticed most about him. He lays his emotions out, clearly trying to draw me into trust him. Asher is the complete opposite, the only person in his mind being him.

"If you tell me his name, we can find him. For now, you can stay here, if you feel comfortable with that," Sinful offers.

I try keep my face neutral, as I look Asher for help. I was never told a name to give to him if he was to ask. At least the rest of the plan has gone smoothly, as Sinful offers me a place to stay while everything is sorted out. Not that there is anything to actually sort out at the moment, but as long as I can distract Sinful while everyone else goes to work, then fine.

Asher cuts in, finally taking the heat off me. "His name is Marcus Edson. We will put all our efforts into finding him."

Sinful seems to buy the fake name.