Epilogue

~Alaya

I watch a completely naked Asher walk toward the edge of the water, a sated smile on my face.

Despite myself, I can't help but roll my eyes.

He turns, glancing over his shoulder with a typical boyish smile on his face, knowing what just want on between us, as if he wants to proclaim it to the world. I lie back on the blanket he had set out earlier, ignoring him for a moment. I'm not sure why when I know he won't rest until I'm following after him.

I don't know what spurred him to bring me out here, into a wood clearing where he had found a pond of water underneath a small waterfall. It's peaceful out here, compared to back home.

The moment I mentioned I was pregnant, he seemed to have reconsidered everything. A part of me likes to think he was on the edge, and that is what pushed him over the edge.

I smile softly as he motions me closer.

Have we heard from Sinful in the past week where everything has changed? No. That scares me the most. Since Asher came back, he reclaimed full control over his Pack, retiring Shanae, the crazy lady who had sacrificed me in the first place back to where she had come from.

Still. No Sinful is extremely unnerving. He's getting into my head without being here, which is something only he could achieve.

"Alaya," Asher prompts, as he steps into the water. I sit up, watching him. "Are you coming?"

"The water is cold," I excuse tentatively.

Asher gives me a flat look, before I watch him dive under the water. I have a brilliant smile on my face as he resurfaces, water streaming from his hair down his face, which he wipes away carelessly. He motions for me again, and I final decide I can't watch any longer, so I get to my feet and join him in the water.

It is as cold as I assumed it would be, but the moment Asher is at my side, pulling me against him and under the surface, I suddenly don't mind.

"We should probably talk about the future, right?" I say, as I float back in the water, watching Asher. The mention of the topic makes a frown flutter across his brow, as if I shouldn't possibly be concerned with that. "I mean, you told me you want to be with me, but I can't tell if that's enough."

"Do you think I'm going to leave you?" He questions, grabbing for my hand. I pull it back slightly, knowing skin contact would only confuse my seriousness.

I shrug slightly. "It's not that I think you're going to leave me for another female. It's that I'm not sure you're committed to being right here, right now. What if Sinful comes back and you go with him again?"

Asher plays with the surface of the water with the tips of his fingers.

"You know the circumstances are different. I want to be here for you, and when I wanted to leave you here before, it was for your own safety. I know now that I can't look after you from a distance," Asher explains.

I wade closer, wrapping my arms around his neck. Every time we speak about this, he gets heavily concerned. I can feel it right now in the tension in his shoulders.

"I love you," I whisper, placing a soft kiss against the corner of his lips. "But if you leave me, I will know where to find you, and I will hurt you, very bad."

Asher smiles. "Of course. Threat noted."

I brush his soaking hair back with my fingers as he pulls me forward to kiss me. There's no doubt in my mind that I will never get sick of kissing these lips, feeling the softness against mine, tasting him.

But something digs at the back of my mind. Pure, thick guilt.

All because of Fate. And Sinful.

I lied to Asher out of fear. So much fear that as I think about it, I clutch him closer and hope he doesn't realise how desperate I am not to lose him. All because of what was written on the back of the invitation I received last week. It read:

Congratulations, quite the news.

Your pregnancy must be a surprise.

But to the father, I trust you it is not. Of course, Sinful is known for wielding his magic. It's too bad you're the victim.

Now it's your turn. Risk raising your child to be like him?

Have fun.

Fate.

🖤••🖤

Buy the Alpha Series on Amazon now!!

Send in a pic of you to my Snapchat or Instagram to be featured!

Snapchat: Midikacrane
Instagram: Sophie_Midika

💎••💎

Everyone chill out!!!!

This is not really the end. There will be a sequel that backs off the end. This is my usual cliffhanger self emerging from the shadows to ruin your lives.

Sorry (:

Also, for those wondering about the published novel...it will be out sometime in 2018 (no commitments here). I'll let you all know when it's out (:

Love you all! Thank you for the support throughout this book. You all mean the world and more to me.

~Midika 💜🐼

~Midika 💜🐼