Chapter Twenty Two

This amazing banner is made by Sofia, who didn't send her username in. I love this anyway!

My email is open if you would like to send your banners for Asher in! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1933

~Alaya

I woke up a little dazed the next morning.

My sheets are pooled at my feet, my shirt hiked up above my stomach. Clearly I slept well last night, and despite my lack of covering, I'm pleasantly warm. Sitting up, I stretch before wandering over to the dresser, pulling out some comfortable clothes before entering the bathroom.

Even the showers here are different. The water is as silky soft as the soap left for me to wash myself down. It smells like jasmine, which makes me shiver.

Once I was done, I walked back into my room to see my bed made and the clothes I had discarded were folded and placed upon the dresser. I stare at the clear space, trying to fathom what angels came down to clean my room. Or rather, servants with light steps that managed to get this clean before I got done.

My stomach growls in protest, considering I haven't eaten since yesterday. So, not bothering to wait to see if someone was going to come get me, I try my best to remember where Asher showed me the dining room.

I pad down to corridor. Everything is eerily quiet, as I pass by the glass windows that show the garden, doused in darkness. It's odd seeing night outside, considering it should be early morning. I keep walking, right through the main foyer and through the hallway with the pool next to it.

I make a mental note to use it when I can.

The dining room is empty. Everything is. No one is anywhere, as I walk past the dark oak table, my fingers touching the backs of the chairs as I walk. The adjacent room is a kitchen, so I wander in there, opening cupboards. No one is anywhere to be found, and I'm hungry, so I don't see why not.

I eat on my own for a while, buttering bread and drinking the sweetest orange juice I have ever had. After rinsing my plate, I sit back at the table and think about what is happening.

Where is Asher? Where is Sinful?

I part of me is tempted to wander into their personal quarters to find them, but I shake my head at myself. Asher gave me strict instructions not to go in there, and I know for a fact that going against his demands will not end well for me. So instead, I decide I'm going to go for a swim in that pool until someone wants to show themselves around here.

Rushing upstairs, I'm not surprised to see a swimsuit ready for me in the top draw. Who is doing this for me? I slip it on without a second thought, and wrap a spare towel around me from the bathroom.

It doesn't take me as long as I thought to get into the pool area. I simply slipped through an unlocked door from the hallway.

I expected the room to smell typically like how a pool does, with the chlorine and chemicals. Instead, there is a fresh smell the mixes in with the heat wafting off the clear water.

Tentatively, I dip my toes into the water, the silkiness of it sliding up my foot to my ankle.

Glancing over my shoulder, I check if anyone is watching, before I drop my towel.

I kneel down, sliding my legs into the water, before I take a breath and let the rest of my body fall under the surface. The water is deliciously warm, as I erupt back to the surface, sucking in a breath. With a brilliant smile on my face, I fall back onto my back, letting the the water catch me.