Chapter Thirty One

Thank you so much for this beautiful banner xcourt_neyx I much appreciate it!! (:

My email is open if you would like to send your banners for Asher in! Midika36@gmail.com

Word Count: 1822

~Alaya

        Blissful softness welcomed me into consciousness.

Blearily, I open my eyes, slightly blinded by the gentle morning light beckoned in by the undrawn curtains. The room I'm in is only slightly familiar, until my eyes land on the classic piano to the side of the space. I suddenly know exactly where I am.

Sinful's room.

Everything comes back to me in a wave, drenching me in a variety of emotions. My memories from last night involved Sinful, and Sinful only. I remember his eyes, so hazel and beautiful, and his touch. Especially his touch. And after everything that happened, almost every inch of my body is left with a blissful ache. But it's missing something. He's not my mate...

Turning my head, he dozes beside me. It's odd, since Asher once told immortals only sleep for the pleasure and peace of it, not because they need it. I wonder if I could sneak out without him noticing?

Before I do, I take one last gaze over him. He's beautiful. Typical. It makes it that much harder to get up and leave.

Behind those closed lids is another brilliant colour. It's so tempting to reveal it, I nearly jostle him awake, but pause. His hair is all over the place; splayed across his pillow and forehead. He has such touchable skin, that is complete shown with the covers pulled right back. My eyes wander right down to his...my cheeks flush. I need to get out of here.

With slow precision, I pull the sheets off my body, realising I'm completely naked, naturally. Cringing, I look around from my clothes. Everything last night is still vivid in my mind, except the location of my clothing, I look around the room, seeing nothing, aside from Sinful's clothes at the end of the bed.

I slap my forehead softly. Great, they are in the room down the hall. At least I think they are.

Pulling my legs over the side of the bed, I contemplate pulling the sheet Sinful isn't using off to wrap around myself, but decide otherwise. That's a definite way to wake him up.

Taking a deep breath, I decide I have no other choice but to climb out, get my clothes and make it back to my room. I don't make it very far before a warm around wraps around my waist, pulling me right back against Sinful's body.

I yelp, turning over so I could properly look him in the eye. He stares down at me, smiling lazily. This morning, his eyes are a misty grey, like a cloud tinted with rain. It suits our situation right now. For me, at least. Sinful, on the other hand does not look fazed about what happened.

"Where do you think you're going?"

I shrug meekly. "I'm going to find my clothes."

Sinful pulls me on top of him, seeming his usual calm self about everything. It makes me slightly irritated, knowing things like this, that typically make me nervous and awkward are so easy for him. It's not just because he's an immortal either, where everything comes easily to him. It's because he's...him.

"Now?" Sinful question, as if it's the most absurd thing to mention. "You just woke up. Were you planning on leaving without waking me?"

I don't fall for that look in his eyes, as he attempts to come off coy and innocent. "I don't know about you, but this time yesterday, I didn't think something like this would happen."