Chapter Twenty Five

Thank you so much for this very unique banner Lily! I couldn't find your username, sorry.

My email is open if you would like to send your banners for Asher in! Midika36@gmail.com

Remember to send in your ideas for merchandise! I've been compiling all your ideas together and I love them! (:

Word Count: 1904

~Alaya

I take a step toward the door.

"Nope."

I turn back around to the comforts of my room. This has been an ongoing process for the past twenty minutes. Not once have I managed to convince myself to step out of this room and face whatever the morning has in store for me. Both Asher and Sinful's eyes are ones I don't want to look into today.

I'm mortified. Painfully, blatantly mortified. So much so, I've contemplated crawling back into my bed to spend the rest of the day wallowing in my own self pity.

How could I kiss him? How could I let Asher see?

Taking a deep breath, I mutter, "get it together Alaya, you have a job to do."

This time my hand actually touches the door before I stumble back away from it, cursing myself. After last night, I wandered straight back into my room, fell face first into my pillow, and screamed. Never have I ever kissed someone who I probably shouldn't, only to be caught by the one person who will hold it against me.

It takes me another couple minutes to convince myself out the door. The moment I swing it open, Asher is standing right there, arms crossed over his chest, finger tapping impatiently against his bicep.

"Are you done yet?" he questions flatly, that bored look on his face having taken up permanent residence.

I've decided I hate that one more than I hate the blank look.

"What are you doing outside my bedroom?" I growl lowly, looking down the hallway to see if anyone was listening. Asher has proven he likes to loiter around people's personal spaces waiting for the perfect moment to jump in. I want to bring it up, but I decide I want to keep it to myself, to divert away from the subject of last night.

"I was waiting for you," he informs me, "we have something important to do today. It involves leaving this estate, so I suggest changing-"

I slam the door in his face, not even requiring an answer. I'm sure I'll get one eventually.

And if I can get away from Sinful for a day, I'm all for it.

***

Sinful had been told we were heading out to the perimeter of his territory, where Asher would be giving me a tour. At this point, I'm convinced that is what we are going to do, as Asher hasn't uttered a word to me about what is really happening. Instead, we sit in a car, everyone silent, including the driver.

Asher can't seriously think I'm not about to question him, as we drive steadily along a road sloping the mountain.

"What have you been doing these past few days, while I've been around Sinful?" I question, trying to make it sound as innocent as possible with the driver in the front seat. This entire plan will be ruined if he so much as hears a word about it, and sends the information back to Sinful.