3: the afterparty

"Make a right, you'll see a long driveway. Turn onto it and you'll see a big house come into sight ahead."

Prince's manager had called Elrick shortly before they could even get backstage meet Prince, only to tell them that Prince was hosting a party at his mansion in Bel Air.

He wanted them as well as Andy to come there to meet her instead because of some conflict going on with the equipment backstage. And of course, Prince did not want to stay there all night to worry about that.

So, instead he advised them to come out there in an hour or so.

Andy hated that she had to get back in her car to drive 48 minutes away, only because of the traffic and how troubling it'd be to get out of there.

But she didn't fuss about it.

She was going to this party.

Andy tailed Elrick, who was driving in his own car with his girlfriend.

Somewhere along the way, she got lost. Well, not exactly lost... she just got left behind in traffic once Elrick exited the highway. He got there before her.

Her phone was dying, but she phoned Elrick anyways and he stayed on the phone to give her directions.

Thank goodness he'd lived in California for his whole life and knew these streets and roads very well.

Andy spotted a polished black and gold mailbox, which sat next to the entrance of a driveway.

"I see it."

"Okay. I'm gonna hang up now."

"No, wait! Aren't you gonna come outside to get me? I don't want to just walk into his house-"

Elrick cut Andy off.
"I wish you weren't so shy. Prince is such a cool person."

"I'm a complete stranger. You said the guests haven't even arrived yet and I don't want to just walk into his house," Andy explained, clutching her steering wheel harder.
Her hands were clamming with sweat and her heart was beating rapidly.

She didn't know she'd be this nervous. Andy thought that after seeing the show she wouldn't be, but she remembered that this wasn't a concert anymore. She would be meeting him face to face, talking with him and having full-on conversations.

It was different than dancing on stage with him.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind you. He likes you."

True.
But what if he thought she was some deranged fan that followed him all the way home and had the nerve to walk into his home? He still didn't know that Andy was the girl he danced with.

She was overthinking, and way too hard. It happened when she was unsettled and nervous.

She continued down the road for a while until a traditional-looking mansion came into sight.

Four cars were parked on the circular driveway in front of the property, a water fountain in the middle.